UNLIKE OTHER INTERNET COMMUNITIES, THESE RULES ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED
- This site is for users of legally purchased copies of OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, or OS X 10.9 Mavericks only.
- Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, torrent, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.
- This site and forum only supports installing and installations using the guides and software produced herein. Any posts referencing using other installation software or methods will be deleted.
- Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.
- AMD nor Atom CPUs and NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported by the methods and software on this site and will not work. Any post requesting help for or asking about these will be deleted.
- The software and DSDTs created by tonymacx86 LLC may not be redistributed or hosted on any other site or file sharing service.
- Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. Violators will be permanently banned.
- Members are allowed only one login account for their personal non-commercial use.
Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed and will result in account deletion.
- We reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way. Forum members can have their privileges suspended or removed at any time without prior notice.
User Names, Profiles, Avatars and Signatures
- Must not violate tonymacx86 community standards and be safe for work (SFW).
- Cannot be used to express personal, political or religious views.
- The usage of a user name that is similar or may be confused with official staff members is not allowed.
- Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
- Copyrighted images are not allowed for use in avatars.
- Animated avatars are not allowed.
- Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
- Use of the tonymacx86 logo in avatars is not allowed.
- Signatures are for build descriptions only. Maximum of 4 systems listed and limited to motherboard, CPU and graphics card(s) only. Formatting should be limited to the use of bold, and text is restricted to the default font size only. In lieu of listing components a link to your build in the user builds forum is allowed.
- No images or links to outside sites are allowed in signatures.
- Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited.
- The staff of the tonymacx86 Forum without notice may edit and enforce these rules.
Advertising and Solicitation
- No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance.
- We do not allow members to post threads or to send private messages or emails to other members that advertise products or services or solicit for funds or donations.
- Members cannot post advertisements or notices for eBay auctions, Kickstarter projects, Craigslist listings, personal sales or contests.
- Posting any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral is not allowed and will be removed.
- All posts must be made in English. Any and all posts in other languages will be deleted.
- Please use the search function before creating a new topic. The question that you ask may have already been answered.
- Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted.
- Bumping a thread is allowed after waiting at least 24 hours with no more than one bump per day.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, nonsense posts, or one word (or short) posts.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed. These posts will be deleted and the posters privileges will be temporarily suspended.
- Any posts or links to sites or content that violates tonymacx86 rules as defined on this page will be removed.
- Trolling, spamming and advertising via the forum, email, visitor messages, comments or private message system is not allowed.
- All posts express the views of the author. Neither the owners of the tonymacx86 Forum, nor tonymacx86 LLC will be held responsible for the content of any post.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, purposeless inflammatory posts or profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters).
- Posts discussing or arguing about tonymacx86 policies or moderator actions are not allowed and will be deleted.
- Any disputes with the staff of the tonymacx86 site will be handled in private through thru the Contact Us link on this page.
- Although the administrators and moderators of the tonymacx86 Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable content off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all posts.
- The administrators and moderators of the tonymacx86 Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason at their discretion.
- The Contact Us link is ONLY for issues with the web site or your account.
- The administrators and moderators of the tonymacx86 Forum do not provide private support. Any
messages asking for help will be ignored.
- We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.