Contribute
Register

4530s Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do appear to be more rounded. I was more thinking for the sake of transferring the backlight system over into this keyboard or something.

blueking said:
They do appear to be more rounded. I was more thinking for the sake of transferring the backlight system over into this keyboard or something.

Oh I see. Yeah you'd need to replace the keys too, IMO. Unless the current keys are transparent at the characters. They're probably painted on though.

Yeah that's what I mean. It'd be a huge project.

We'd have to buy several keyboards, then on this one, replace all the keys we can, transfer the backlight system if its possible, and then somehow hook it up to the motherboard.

Possible?

blueking said:
I think that's something on your end, I see both fine.

See if you can see a link to look at it?

But could we just take that connector and somehow connect it to something for power?

lol no idea why but I can see them fine today

soes i been testing a few ssds. Let me know if you want their benchmarks posted.
Here is the best one out of the bunch. Its flipping fast. 100x better upgrade then the ram. Its the Patriot Wildfire 120gb. Its $180 usd from newegg.

Sata 3 link speed, AS SSD
sata3.png

Sata 3 link speed, ATTO
sata3b.png

Sata 6 link speed, AS SSD
sata6.png

Sata 6 link speed, ATTO
sata6b.png

Do not get the ocz vertex 3, it was the slowest out of the bunch. Its read speeds at sata 6 didnt even reach 200 mb/s, write speeds were around 150 mb/s. Meaning this Patriot wildfire is faster at sata 3 link, then the ocz agility 3 is at sata 6. 30 bucks difference in price.

lol a small box or tray to hold your screws and a magnet for when you drop 1 and can't see it :lol: good luck :)

Songokussm said:
soes i been testing a few ssds. Let me know if you want their benchmarks posted.
Here is the best one out of the bunch. Its flipping fast. 100x better upgrade then the ram. Its the Patriot Wildfire 120gb. Its $180 usd from newegg.

Sata 3 link speed, AS SSD
sata3.png

Sata 3 link speed, ATTO
sata3b.png

Sata 6 link speed, AS SSD
sata6.png

Sata 6 link speed, ATTO
sata6b.png

Do not get the ocz vertex 3, it was the slowest out of the bunch. Its read speeds at sata 6 didnt even reach 200 mb/s, write speeds were around 150 mb/s. Meaning this Patriot wildfire is faster at sata 3 link, then the ocz agility 3 is at sata 6. 30 bucks difference in price.
umm from looking at those photo's it appears the second drive is superior to the patriot

@Dewitts
those benchmarks are from the same drive at different sata links. Someone asked if getting an sata3 ssd is really worth it.

@ everyone else

Geek bench on an i3 was around 4500.
Geek bench on an i7 is 8000
$140 upgrade for double. Turbo boost is enabled.

Cinebech opengl 11.94 (same)
cpu 4.77 (no idea what the previous was)

ahh, there were different names so I thought they were different drives :lol: my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back