Contribute
Register

4530s Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people who already swap the processor, I have a 4530s; Please, look at the picture and tell me if there is something under the red rectangle dots that can be broken (Cables) if a cut it. If I do this the CPU can be easy to swap ?
If I swap the CPU the same way other did(take a part lots of things) I would make this hole in case something goes wrong or decide to replace the CPU for better one in the future.
Do you think is possible ?

Attachments

• cut.png
    cut.png
    694.8 KB · Views: 277
Yes, you can cut that piece off with out damaging anything, but it won't do you any good. That copper wire is a heat pipe which if bent will break, and is attached to the fan. So it's not moveable without removing the fan. If you get that far in your disassembly, then it's 2 more steps for hp's recommended swap.

I did it all in under 30m, everything is very straight forword.

susono said:
For the people who already swap the processor, I have a 4530s; Please, look at the picture and tell me if there is something under the red rectangle dots that can be broken (Cables) if a cut it. If I do this the CPU can be easy to swap ?
If I swap the CPU the same way other did(take a part lots of things) I would make this hole in case something goes wrong or decide to replace the CPU for better one in the future.
Do you think is possible ?

Thanks for replay,
That's the information I want to know, Thanks. :)

Speaking of keyboards, how much different is the HP's the a MacBook's? Could this be a solution :problem:

Also, anybody can recommend a good place to buy an SSD Caddy for the optical drive?

TwentyCent said:
Speaking of keyboards, how much different is the HP's the a MacBook's? Could this be a solution
What do you mean? To put a keyboard or part of it, of Macbook to 453s? No way!

TwentyCent said:
Also, anybody can recommend a good place to buy an SSD Caddy for the optical drive?
Ebay :)

Thanks for the answer. I quickly checked eBay, but couldn't find anything specific to a 4530 and/or 4430 and/or 4730 ... Do I need something specific?

About the keyboard, I thought maybe the keys could be swapped, depending on how much HP copied Apple for the design :lol:

TwentyCent said:
Thanks for the answer. I quickly checked eBay, but couldn't find anything specific to a 4530 and/or 4430 and/or 4730 ... Do I need something specific?

About the keyboard, I thought maybe the keys could be swapped, depending on how much HP copied Apple for the design :lol:

See topic "a question about ssd's" or something like that, mine just arrived and it's perfect and cost £7 inc delivery from hong kong!

Processor swap went well. Bye bye celeron hello i5! Running the install tomorrow. Wish me luck.

atriaventrica said:
Processor swap went well. Bye bye celeron hello i5! Running the install tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Awesome! I'll bet the celeron models are really cheap, and a great option if you're already planning on upgrading the proc from the i3 to an i5/i7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back