Contribute
Register

4530s Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I remember hearing about someone who had a like a DIY ViDock, an external express card graphics card... Anyone have a link or remember what it was called?

atriaventrica said:
So I remember hearing about someone who had a like a DIY ViDock, an external express card graphics card... Anyone have a link or remember what it was called?

Its called DIY egpu. It costs around $70 usd. If your planning on ordering the parts wait a month for version 2.0. It will be a major improvement.

link

With a 1x setup and a gtx460 i get the following
3dmark06 : 14102
3dmark11 GPU: 3054
3dmark Vantage GPU:12604

on an i7-2630qm + 8gb of ram+external monitor.

keep in mind this is windows only.
SWTOR: runs at 40-50 fps high settings. drops down to 15 fps during aoe combat. If you play fast past games, you will get a fair amount of lag, because of the bandwidth limitation.

I've got a ProBook 4430s that has an i5 inside, and wanted to know if it's possible to swap that with an i7? Does the system overheat too much and not function? Anyone tried it with the 4430s? Also, if I did an i7 can it only be the dual core one, or can it be the quad core one? Would love to have a quad in my 4430s!

Thanks!

Hi timohour,

I just bought a 4430s and it should be here in a few days. I'm looking to upgrade the CPU to the same one you did (i7-2630QM). Any issues cropping up for you now that you've had it for a month? The full 45w TDP causing any issues? Extra heat? Anything?

Also read the thread on the v3.1 installer taking advantage of the Turbo stepping and OS X Geekbench scores are now on par with Windows scores. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance!

bump...

im interested in upgrading my 4530s from the i5 2410m to possibly an i7 2820qm Qualification Sample, any hints tips ideas or drawbacks?

My 2630QM upgrade went super smooth on my 4430s. Its been running really great. With the 2630QM SSDT from blueking' package, I think it has made it perfect. Thanks blueking and all who have helped!

I was going to go the QS/ES cpu route too, but I'm super happy to have gone the OEM cpu route instead. One less thing to have to deal with...IMHO. YMMV though.

Hey Guys! I was wondering if there is a wireless mini-pcie card upgrade on the atheros chipset that I could put in that gives wireless-N 300 MBps speeds? Obviously it has to be compatible with the Probook BIOS and Lion compatible. Any recommendations?

Does anyone have a pic of new cpu installation? I am thinking about buying an i3 unit but want to know how to upgrade it later when I have more cash.

Is it right under the fan on the bottom or do i have to take it totally apart?

thanks

You have to take almost everything apart but there are step by step instructions at HP web site. But if you buy a 4430s it is about 5min case. Read at previous pages for CPU upgrades and pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back