Contribute
Register

Adding WIN10 on seperate drive to High Sierra (+Clover) ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7 8700k @4.9GHz
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

has been a long time that I have checked in here.
I have set up my Hackintosh 6 years ago. It still runs like a champ. Haven't upgraded anything.

Currently running High Sierra 10.13.6. , Clover 4722 with GTX 1080.

I haven't upgraded to OpenCore nor updated anything in a long time as it just runs perfectly.

I want to add Win10 to a separate drive and have the option to choose which system I want to boot into at the beginning.

Can I just install it on a separate drive or do I need to upgrade change stuff in Clover?

Any help is much appreciated

See guide. Also read carefully the paragraph just before the "For Win 10" section. On your hardware you must install Win10 UEFI mode in order to be able to dual boot with Clover. You might also have to update Clover.

See guide. Also read carefully the paragraph just before the "For Win 10" section. On your hardware you must install Win10 UEFI mode in order to be able to dual boot with Clover. You might also have to update Clover.
thanks for the update.

I only have one issue at the moment.
Clover doesn't recognise my WIN10 USB installer in the boot up menu.

Anything I have to do or change?

thanks for the update.

I only have one issue at the moment.
Clover doesn't recognise my WIN10 USB installer in the boot up menu.

Anything I have to do or change?
F12 at boot and select from list. Or better yet, set as first in BBS bot order in BIOS, then change back to Mac OS drive after install is complete.

Hi,

has been a long time that I have checked in here.
I have set up my Hackintosh 6 years ago. It still runs like a champ. Haven't upgraded anything.

Currently running High Sierra 10.13.6. , Clover 4722 with GTX 1080.

I haven't upgraded to OpenCore nor updated anything in a long time as it just runs perfectly.

I want to add Win10 to a separate drive and have the option to choose which system I want to boot into at the beginning.

Can I just install it on a separate drive or do I need to upgrade change stuff in Clover?

Any help is much appreciated
I am currently dealing with this same issue but on OC (upgraded from Clover).

However when I was running Clover, I never had any issues as long as I installed each OS by themselves (only that install-target drive connected to the computer) and using the bios boot menu to boot the installation USB.
Once both OSs had been installed I would connect both, set the MacOS drive as primary boot drive in the bios, and when Clover would load I just selected whichever OS I wanted to boot into.
*I was just using whatever Clover version is installed with the downloaded Unibeast/Multibeast for Catalina, or High Sierra (which is considerably older than the current external release). *

I am currently dealing with this same issue but on OC (upgraded from Clover).

However when I was running Clover, I never had any issues as long as I installed each OS by themselves (only that install-target drive connected to the computer) and using the bios boot menu to boot the installation USB.
Once both OSs had been installed I would connect both, set the MacOS drive as primary boot drive in the bios, and when Clover would load I just selected whichever OS I wanted to boot into.
*I was just using whatever Clover version is installed with the downloaded Unibeast/Multibeast for Catalina, or High Sierra (which is considerably older than the current external release). *
Is your Windows installed MBR or UEFI? To boot with OC you must have Windows installed UEFI. Your Windows disk must be formatted GPT also, so if it is not you must convert it. Personally, I would get a new drive, format it properly and install fresh rather than try a conversion as a borked conversion ruins the system and you have to format/install fresh anyway. With a new drive you can always pop in the old one and boot from BIOS in an emergency. Also, if you find you need a file from the old drive it is east to connect the old drive with USB adapter and copy over the file you need.

Back