Contribute
Register

All of the mATX suggested motherboards are unavailable .... so...

Motherboard
ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I am building another Hackintosh for a friend, and all of the non-gaming possible mobo(s) in the mATX format provided in the list here @ tonymacx86 are unavailable.

This one (not on the list) -->

ASUS Prime H570M-PLUS/CSM LGA1200 (Intel 11th/10th Gen) MicroATX Motherboard (PCIe 4.0, 8 Power Stages, HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, Dual M.2, Intel 1Gb LAN, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, Thunderbolt™ 4, ACCE)​

Appears to be the next rev up after the H470M (which is on the list)

I know no-one can be certain *but* is there any reason to think this would not be a viable choice for a Core i5-1600K, Ventura hackintosh??

Thanks!
tony

Here is a link to an ITX Z590i build, that may provide some insight for your proposed mATX build.

Looking through the specifications for the ASUS Prime H570M-Plus motherboard I don't see any cause for concern when it comes to using the MB for a Hackintosh with an i5-11600K CPU. The 11th Gen CPU would provide better usage of the Motherboard's new features, compared to a 10th Gen CPU (i5-10600K).

Your RX 6600 would be a good match for this H570 mATX motherboard and an 11th Gen CPU. As whichever CPU you use you will need to disable the IGPU on the H570 board, and just use the discrete GPU in macOS.

Thanks for the info ...

I had already purchased the core i5-10600K.. so that's a given.

Regarding the DISABLE THE IGPU... I am not adding a Graphics Card of any sort and will use the on-baord video functions of the motherboard. So your suggestion regarding disabling the IGPU in the bios still applies??

Thanks !
tony

I am not adding a Graphics Card of any sort and will use the on-baord video functions of the motherboard.
Doesn't work that way. You'd need a tenth gen motherboard to use iGPU only.

So your suggestion regarding disabling the IGPU in the bios still applies??
If you disable iGPU, have no dGPU, then what provides your graphics to the display ?

No, if you only have the IGPU then you can’t disable it, without losing all graphics. You can’t disable the IGPU if it is the only graphics processor present in the system.

Intel 500 series motherboard won’t run macOS with the 10th Gen IGPU. You need a discrete GPU (dGPU) for macOS to work with that ASUS H570M Board.

You need a 10th Gen motherboard with the CPU you have bought, if you only want to use a IGPU. Which you said you can’t buy where you live. So due to what is available, you must have a compatible AMD dGPU in the system for macOS to run, if you can only buy a 500 series motherboard.

Thanks for the responses...

Pls allow me to paraphrase.

1. Without an additional Graphics Card, I leave the internal graphics (iGPU) ENABLEd so that I can use the HDMI/DVI connections right on the mobo.

2. "You need a 10th Gen mobo for Core i5-10600K..." -- the mobo I am using says it supports 10th Gen:

ASUS Prime H570M-PLUS/CSM LGA1200 (Intel 11th/10th Gen) MicroATX​

(I've been warned that I need to update my profile to include this mobo)

3. "Intel 500 series motherboard won’t run macOS with the 10th Gen IGPU. You need a discrete GPU (dGPU) for macOS to work with that ASUS H570M Board." -- so, even though the mobo supports 10thGen, VENTURA will require an add-on Graphics card? (I just happen to have a AMD RADEON RX6600 -- will that work?)

Thanks !
tony

This Just In ...

Scratch that Radeon graphics card it is actually a

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N1050D5-2GD)​

Can this be used with ASUS Prime and Ventura??

But more importantly do I absolutely need an additional Graphics card on this mobo and Ventura?

This Just In ...

Scratch that Radeon graphics card it is actually a

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N1050D5-2GD)​

Can this be used with ASUS Prime and Ventura??

But more importantly do I absolutely need an additional Graphics card on this mobo and Ventura?
Hello,
Please read posts in this thread :

So, your motherboard has a 11th gen chipset (H570) and its iGPU is not useable.
nVidia is a no-go :(

I do use a MSI RX 560 for both Ventura and Sonoma.
Take into account that Big Sur is a dead horse and Monterey is coming rapidly to an end in 2024.

I also tested MSi RX 6600 and it is fine.

Think about what Moderators told you above.

Keep searching ... may be you find a 10th gen motherboard ( mATX, ATX ).

Also.. try to find if some pre-built PCs may solve your case.

Cheers :)
===================

Update :

1709656668855.png

1709656704456.png

Last edited:
I am closing this thread to start another one as I think the responses and my questions are talking past each other.

Sorry for all my confusion(s)

I am closing this thread to start another one as I think the responses and my questions are talking past each other.

Sorry for all my confusion(s)
Hello,
Do not be confused.

It is very simple :

10th gen (CPU/motherboard) kit will give you "access" to iGPU ( HD 630), i.e. the system may be used without a dedicated video card.

Back