Contribute
Register

Asus PCE-AC68 802.11ac card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem.
Download DPCIManager http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/ and look at device id.

View attachment 138188
If it fits to 14E4:43A0 or 14E4:43B1 you can downlad this https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID
and nnstall kexts FakePCIID and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2 to /S/L/E with KextWizzard for example.
Reboot and cross your fingers :)
Now it should be recognized as native AirPort Extreme.
View attachment 138189

Good luck.

This card works OOB so why use that junk? Making it show as 'Airport' is a simple Clover patch no kext needed but still won't give you full 1300Mbps link speeds.

This card works OOB so why use that junk? Making it show as 'Airport' is a simple Clover patch no kext needed but still won't give you full 1300Mbps link speeds.

Because intellekt asked how to get it works as native AirPort Extreme. I gave the solution.

Well the Clover patch would have been a better solution. To each their own I guess.
Could you please elaborate a little bit more on the Clover patch?

Hi, im currently using the AC68U as wifi card on my Hackintosh. Currently running El Capitan 10.11.6, i got the card to work OOB and have patched it with FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765 to be shown as a Airport card.

Now to the problems: When i connect to my Router by the 5Ghz network. It seems to only be able to connect to the ISP from time to time, by a few seconds. However, the 2,4Ghz works like a charm.

Have anyone experienced problems like this? If so, can you point me in any direction where i can solve this problem?

Good to know: I have multiple units that the 5Ghz networks works perfectly with: 3 Iphones, 2 ipads, imac and macbook pro.

Hey guys. I'm using this card with MacOS and *most* things are working fine except my LAN pings are too high!

I get 80ms to my router while my other devices do it within 1ms. This is adding a lot of time to scp and samba file transfers. Anyone else have the same problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back