Contribute
Register

Black Screen After Installing AirportItlwm_kext on Ryzen 9 5900HX with Intel AX200 Wi-Fi Zenbook 14 Flip OLED (UN5401, AMD Ryzen 5000 Series)

Motherboard
Asus Zenbook 14 Flip OLED UN5401
CPU
Ryzen 9 5900HX
Graphics
Radeon Graphics
Technical Specifications of the PC Laptop:

Processor:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics, 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors
RAM: 16.0 GB
USB Controller: AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)
Wi-Fi Network Card: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x1638), compatible with Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Encountered Problem: After inserting the kext AirportItlwm_v2.2.0_stable_Ventura.kext for the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz card in my Hackintosh with macOS Ventura, I am experiencing a black screen problem after the kexts load during startup. The PC goes to a black screen and shows no signs of life, while without the kext, the system seems to start up correctly.

I have tried adding various boot arguments in the config.plist, but the problem persists. I suspect there may be a compatibility issue or a conflict with another kext. Any suggestions or advice on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    65.1 KB · Views: 8
Technical Specifications of the PC Laptop:

Processor:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics, 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors
RAM: 16.0 GB
USB Controller: AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)
Wi-Fi Network Card: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x1638), compatible with Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Encountered Problem: After inserting the kext AirportItlwm_v2.2.0_stable_Ventura.kext for the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz card in my Hackintosh with macOS Ventura, I am experiencing a black screen problem after the kexts load during startup. The PC goes to a black screen and shows no signs of life, while without the kext, the system seems to start up correctly.

I have tried adding various boot arguments in the config.plist, but the problem persists. I suspect there may be a compatibility issue or a conflict with another kext. Any suggestions or advice on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there.

Forgive me, I'm confused.

Do you really have the system-definition set as iMac19,1 ? For a laptop ?

May not be the cause of a black screen but it isn't likely to be helping.

:)

Zenbook 14 Flip -- Should go in the Motherboard section of your profile

This info can all be added to your profile here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/account-details

Screen_Shot_18.jpg

Hi there.

Forgive me, I'm confused.

Do you really have the system-definition set as iMac19,1 ? For a laptop ?

May not be the cause of a black screen but it isn't likely to be helping.

:)
I thank you for pointing that out to me. I should mention that this is the first time and I really know very little about it. I haven't given much importance to this aspect, only calculating the number of cores used by my PC and the iMac19,1. So, do you recommend I switch, perhaps to a MacBookPro16,4 with an Intel Core i7-9750H

I thank you for pointing that out to me. I should mention that this is the first time and I really know very little about it. I haven't given much importance to this aspect, only calculating the number of cores used by my PC and the iMac19,1. So, do you recommend I switch, perhaps to a MacBookPro16,4 with an Intel Core i7-9750H
MacBookPro16,3

Back