Contribute
Register

Custom built Desk with watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that I've never added pictures of the completed desk!

So almost 1 year after completion, here they are :) IMG_0068.jpgIMG_0069.jpgIMG_0070.jpgIMG_0071.jpg

Latest update:

I changed my KB and mouse in order to have everything match the black with red LED concept. So I went for a Steelseries mouse and a Ducky Shine 3 red keyboard.

I use a pair of black & red Beats by Dre Solo headphones. However, most of the times I just use my (10-year-old) Sony hi-fi stereo :).

Last note on the ducky keyboard; there's actually a switch on the back that you can toggle to allow OS X to use the reversed keyboard layout of the ALT and the Windows button, like with Option and CMD on real Macs.

IMG_1324.jpg

Update 30/09

Good news: I just installed El Capitan and everything seems to be working.

I updated straight from the app and rebooted. It didn't work because I had an error saying "osxapticfixdrv error". Replacing the OSXAptio driver from Clover to version 2 did the trick.

After some reboots, ethernet still works with the same Yosemite kexts. The only thing that is completely broken so far is the Asmedia 1042 USB 3.0.

I read that the GenericXHCI won't be updated because unsupported, non-intel USB 3.0 chips are now considered "old" hardware :(.

Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 22.00.12.png

Any luck with installing Sierra on this board?

Any luck with installing Sierra on this board?
Hey! I don't own this pc nor any of this hardware anymore, so I couldn't tell you. But I would say that it should be possible, albeit without the asmedia usb controller. Try to turn off as many devices in your bios as possible to get to the installer and see how that fares :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back