Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh(similar to Golden Build) for Audio Production (Help needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
I originally posted this thread in the "buyer's guide" section but figured that this area would be more suitable.
I am building my first Hackintosh based on a "Golden Build" and would greatly appreciate your input before I finalise it.

I currently use a 2011 MBP with 16gb of Ram, Samsung 850EVO 500GB(OS), 1 TB HHD(AUDIO FILES) for Ableton and Serato.
In terms of Hardware the only non-usb thing that I use is a Motu Audio Express which I currently have connected via firewire. This soundcard can also be connected via usb, so I think I will just do that rather than adding a PCI/Firewire card to the build.

The plan is to move the 500GB SSD from my current machine to the Hackintosh build and replace it with another 250GB EVO 850 that I have and then use this MBP for Serato and other general non-music stuff. Other than that, I will be buying all new components for this build. I plan to use the following parts.....

PC Power Supply EVGA 750 BQ
(EV300k4g)

PC Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Processor Intel Core i5-8600K
(BO431l5c)

CPU Cooler Be quiet! DARK ROCK PRO 3
(BK019)

Hard Drive Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
(FP957k1b) <-------------- FOR AUDIO FILES

Hard Drive Seagate BarraCuda 3TB
(FP957k1c1) <-----------THIS DRIVE WOULD BE FOR BACKUP

Memory System Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4-2400 UDIMM
(CR514o3c)

Motherboard GIGABYTE AORUS Z370-Gaming 5
(AGZ370a2) <---------- I CHOSE THIS B.C OF THE DISPLAY PORT AND WIFI/BT

WHAT I ALREADY HAVE

Motu Audio Express http://motu.com/products/motuaudio/audio-express
Samsung Evo 850 500GB (2.5 Inch)

Thanks in advance, any comments or tips on this build would be most welcome! :)

Last edited:
One thing I should also probably mentioned...

I don't plan to do any video editing or anything other than running Ableton on this machine. I am pretty accustomed to freezing tracks, given the dinosaur that I am currently using. The main purpose of this build is to have a solid workhorse that can run more CPU demanding plugins and larger Kontakt libraries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back