Graphics
EVGA GT 740 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm trying to do a fresh install using the latest Unibeast with a Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH motherboard. I've prepared the USB drive selecting the UEFI boot mode.

The computer boots from the drive and I can select Boot Mac OS X from USB I then get the Apple logo followed by a prohibited sign and then it all stops.

Booting with verbose mode gives this error:

Error allocating 0x1a6a pages at 0x000000000eb5900 alloc type 2
Couldn’t allocate runtime area
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting…

Setup:

Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH
Bios F6

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

El Capitan 10.11.2

BIOS options set as per http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/130920-recommended-bios-uefi-settings-beginners.html
Default options plus X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1 and VT-d disabled.

IMG_20151031_194555.jpg

Anyone got any ideas on what's going wrong?

Exact same problem with this motherboard.

My setup is the the CustoMac Pro rig that's recommended in the current Buyer's Guide (bar the graphics card). I also followed the BIOS settings (on F6) from the guide.

Have tried a bunch of things from the trouble shooter guide, including:
  • Boot flags including 'cpus=1', '-x', 'nv_disable=1' etc.
  • Disconnected the graphics card and used internal graphics
  • Tried every single USB port on the board.

Would love to hear if anyone has had any success...

Hey piemaster--did you ever figure out how to successfully install El Capitan? I have the exact same build as you and have run into the same problem. I haven't had any success with the standard troubleshooting suggestions in other forums.

Any help/advice you could share would be much appreciated!

Sorry, still no luck. It's the recommended Customac Pro configuration so I assumed it would be straight forward.

Does anyone else have any ideas? I've tweaked the BIOS settings so now I get as far as the "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" error when the system just freezes and pops up the prohibited sign. I've tried the steps in the big list of solutions but it's still not getting any further.

I'm trying to do a fresh install using the latest Unibeast with a Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH motherboard. I've prepared the USB drive selecting the UEFI boot mode.

The computer boots from the drive and I can select Boot Mac OS X from USB I then get the Apple logo followed by a prohibited sign and then it all stops.

Booting with verbose mode gives this error:

Error allocating 0x1a6a pages at 0x000000000eb5900 alloc type 2
Couldn’t allocate runtime area
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting…

Setup:

Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH
Bios F6

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

El Capitan 10.11.2

BIOS options set as per http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/130920-recommended-bios-uefi-settings-beginners.html
Default options plus X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1 and VT-d disabled.

View attachment 159965

Anyone got any ideas on what's going wrong?

Same setup, same issue here and I can't resolve this using the workaround in the "Big Solutions" list. All-standard setup as per the recommended CustoMac. Yosemite and Chimera worked great though!

Ah, this is worrying. That mobo and CPU are in the buyer's guide, so I likewise figured they would work without issue. I was planning on getting them and installing Yosemite, but I would like to know that they also work with El Capitan. Hoping this gets resolved for you guys!

I'd happily try Yosemite but can't see a way to download it if you're already running El Capitan. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back