Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Shows off Dual Thunderbolt Z77 Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont even have 1 working yet, and now we have 2!! yay!

I think the apple displays should work, theres a guy on youtube running windows with one of these thunderbolt MOBOS and hes using a thunderbolt display.. but ya in windows

Kind of pointless if you ask me unless you are running (non) thunderbolt displays off of it.

They have daisy chaining for a reason.

So, in essence, you only need one.

waitting for this board :p

I mean I'm waiting because even though I really don't see myself using thunderbolt it's not something you can add via PCI later on. It must come built into the mobo or you'll never have it :/ so I figure I'll spend the extra cash and guarantee the feature if I ever find myself utilizing it.

Doing video work with my hackintosh - this pipeline is a real viable option down the road :)

This is fantastic, switching my motherboard to this for my first Hackintosh build this fall.! :thumbup:

what do you think will these boards cost? :think:

if somebody compared other mobo manufacters and the price differences, what would you say about these?

I just want to know if it would be affordable. The UD5H would cost me ~200€.

Where are the Z77 mITX mobo's from Gigabyte :( A thunderbolt one would probably be higher priced than your average mITX, but still highly relevant. *holds thumbs*

johnrey said:
what do you think will these boards cost? :think:

if somebody compared other mobo manufacters and the price differences, what would you say about these?

I just want to know if it would be affordable. The UD5H would cost me ~200€.

My guess is 280 USD for the UP4 and 320 USD for UP5. Those are my guesses.

axedye said:
My guess is 280 USD for the UP4 and 320 USD for UP5. Those are my guesses.

:mrgreen: I like your guesses. that would be very acceptable :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back