Motherboard
asrock z77pro3 bios 1.90 patched
CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
hd4000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
please backup ml now before trying using ccc or superduper. bios ahci s3 power all other settings normal.tools you will need retail ml,flash drive,sl retail,10.6 to 10.6.3,iboot legacy for unsupported cpus/gpus,multibeast 3.10.1,show all files,chameleon wizard,ml 10.8 to 10.8.1

boot up ml. open show all files.open finder and select ml. find mach_kernel send to flash drive. from flash drive send mach_kernel back to where it was. open disk utility select repair disk permissions.

insert iboot legacy 2.7.2 wait about 10 seconds press f5 select retail dvd and install.when done reinsert iboot legacy f5 select snow partion and enter key.on welcome screen put in your info.now update to 10.6.8 restart using iboot legacy.

now that your in 10.6.8 open show all files.open finder and select snow or what ever you named it to.remove mach_ kernel empty trash.now drag mach_kernel from flash drive to where the old mach_kernel was.in finder go to snow open extra folder open org.chameleon.boot.plist.chameleon wizard should open now.deselect kernel and remove old one.drag mach_kernel from flash drive to the kernel area.select 32-bit(i386) or leave black if want to use 64bit.deselect graphics enabler if gpu isnt supported select save and close.

reopen org.chameleon.boot.plist to varify your settings.reboot without iboot legacy and enjoy.thanks for reading my boring guide feel free to modify my guide if needed. this works on lappys and desktops.havent tested sleep i shut down when not using

You rushed a little. Could you explain a little more? Are you starting with a system running ML. What board are you using? What CPU? What are you looking for in the show all files. Sorry for all the questions still a noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back