Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] 4530s Display Upgrade to 1080p (Update: 2012-06-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [GUIDE] 4530s Display Upgrade to 1080p (Update: 2012-06-27)

SUCCESS!!! I have the AK07UT Model and I installed the 646274-001 HD+ Cable and a 1080P LG screen from Laptopscreen.com. Perfect!!!!

I know it works on all probooks but here is a update. I just installed the B156HW01 v5 and it works also on the LJ521UT & A7K05UT with the 646274-001 hp cable.

People having problems with DSDTs, check my signature for the NEW hp installer 4. I have every DSDT (HD & SD) & SSDT (i3,i5,i7) out in the installer...

randomhm said:
found it - but now when i compile the dsdt i'm getting an error
it says: "intializer list longer than declared package length"

EDIT: fixed this also but still getting a warning saying: "ResourceTag smaller than Field (Tag: 8 bits, Field: 16 bits)" this is in line 8155

Anyone know how to fix this?
It is just a warning and doesn't seem to cause a problem. All the DSDTs in the v4 installer compiled with this warning. I haven't had time to investigate further (by reading more of the ACPI spec), but if someone knows the definitive answer, please chime in.

Inmike09 said:
SUCCESS!!! I have the AK07UT Model and I installed the 646274-001 HD+ Cable and a 1080P LG screen from Laptopscreen.com. Perfect!!!!
Inmike09 said:
@LikeMike I used the patched DSDT from the 10.7.4 installer. My processor is also the i7-2720qm.

So what is your correct model number? Did you change the CPU?

Please tell me BIOS version also.

Hi, guys.
Today I received the cable 646274. I still wait fot the screen, hopefully tomorrow. I opened yesterday the 4530s to see how the procedure, and more or less it's easy, but be careful with the latches of the connections, especially the power button is very fragile. I'll promise to take several photos when I put the new screen.
Well, my question is on the cable. Attached photo. There is a small wire inside the cable, red circle. It looks like a little ring, but the manual says nothing about where to place it. Do you know what it is?
IMG_1929.jpg

You will see it when you take the current cable out, it is attached to one of the left hinge screws.

Hey guys,

it appears almost any version (V.0 - V.5) of screen will work. I'm leaning towards the glossy screen, however the exact AU optronics part number from laptopscreen.com for V.4 seems like a more "reliable" choice.

What do the matte and glossy displays look like? Can you compare them to say the mac book pro displays? The native display that comes with the 4530s has a very noticeable blue tinge to it, and the matte screen is very dull. - I upgraded to a glossy display in September last year, hate the fact it's such a small resolution, the 1080p upgrade seems like a good deal!

Hey guys,

it appears almost any version (V.0 - V.5) of screen will work. I'm leaning towards the glossy screen, however the exact AU optronics part number from laptopscreen.com for V.4 seems like a more "reliable" choice.

What do the matte and glossy displays look like? Can you compare them to say the mac book pro displays? The native display that comes with the 4530s has a very noticeable blue tinge to it, and the matte screen is very dull. - I upgraded to a glossy display in September last year, hate the fact it's such a small resolution, the 1080p upgrade seems like a good deal!

Hey guys, can anyone help with these questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back