Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I successfully turned my 4530s into a dual boot Win7 / Yosemite machine following the guide. It's been working absolutely perfectly :)

However I'd really like to update the windows boot to windows 10. When I use the online installer it brings up the following error:
Capture.PNG
and when I try an offline install via an .iso it brings up the following error:
Capture2.PNG
I've tried googling and following various fixes, including a microsoft tool that was supposed to fix something in the registry. However nothing as yet has worked and I've actually found plenty of people with 4530s' that have updated to win10 with no issue.

I suspect it's something to do with the installer not liking the MBR, but sadly don't have the knowledge to debug this further. :|
Any help much appreciated.
Paul

Hi,

I successfully turned my 4530s into a dual boot Win7 / Yosemite machine following the guide. It's been working absolutely perfectly :)

However I'd really like to update the windows boot to windows 10. When I use the online installer it brings up the following error:
View attachment 159779
and when I try an offline install via an .iso it brings up the following error:
View attachment 159781
I've tried googling and following various fixes, including a microsoft tool that was supposed to fix something in the registry. However nothing as yet has worked and I've actually found plenty of people with 4530s' that have updated to win10 with no issue.

I suspect it's something to do with the installer not liking the MBR, but sadly don't have the knowledge to debug this further. :|
Any help much appreciated.
Paul

Sounds like you don't have enough space on your partition to accomplish the update. It needs a fair bit of headroom to stage the updated files before applying them and to save a backup should you decide you want to go back to the previous Windows version.

The windows drive is saying 60gb free of 111gb. I'll see how much I can clear off and then try again cheers.
I didn't mention that there's a secondary hard drive in the CD drive slot (no OSs, just docs). Not sure if that could confuse matters. I guess I could remove to be safe.
Paul

The windows drive is saying 60gb free of 111gb. I'll see how much I can clear off and then try again cheers.
I didn't mention that there's a secondary hard drive in the CD drive slot (no OSs, just docs). Not sure if that could confuse matters. I guess I could remove to be safe.
Paul

Make sure you also boot Windows directly,... no funny business with hackintosh bootloaders...

Yeah, I think that may the problem. I went into clover configurator and removed the "orig" from the Microsoft EFI filename. So it then booted straight into Windows (no clover selection screen). However this still doesn't seem to be enough. Get the same errors.

I think I may have to completely restore the Windows bootloader by booting from Windows 7 disc and rebuilding it. But am I then going to struggle to get the OSX partition accessible again? Don't want to end up not being able to get back into OSX!

Yeah, I think that may the problem. I went into clover configurator and removed the "orig" from the Microsoft EFI filename. So it then booted straight into Windows (no clover selection screen). However this still doesn't seem to be enough. Get the same errors.

I think I may have to completely restore the Windows bootloader by booting from Windows 7 disc and rebuilding it. But am I then going to struggle to get the OSX partition accessible again? Don't want to end up not being able to get back into OSX!

You can always boot OS X with USB, then re-install Clover (if necessary), change bootmgfw.efi->bootmgfw-orig.efi, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back