Contribute
Register

I got a Ryzen 5 4600G.. and a 4700G.

@Ryzentosh
I attached your EFI with the changes I suggested, I also added a boot-arg 'ncpi=0x3000', not sure if 4GDecoding is enabled in your BIOS, if it is then you can remove the boot-arg.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 16
The message still appears:

00:000 00:000 OCM: Failed to start image - Already started
00:421 00:421 BS: Failed to start OpenCore image - Already started

but it shows a different screen after the BIOS when I deleted WhateverGreen and left only NootedRed.

Before:

1701865814584.jpg

Now:

1701869542619.jpg

That message appears whether I use the EFI you modified or from another forum member.

It seems that creating an EFI from scratch might be the best option.

Anyway, thanks for your effort.

I forgot to mention that I have only one 4K monitor, so I don't know if there could be any compatibility issues (it's HDMI 2.0).

The message still appears:

00:000 00:000 OCM: Failed to start image - Already started
00:421 00:421 BS: Failed to start OpenCore image - Already started

but it shows a different screen after the BIOS when I deleted WhateverGreen and left only NootedRed.

Before:

View attachment 575352

Now:

View attachment 575353

That message appears whether I use the EFI you modified or from another forum member.

It seems that creating an EFI from scratch might be the best option.

Anyway, thanks for your effort.

I forgot to mention that I have only one 4K monitor, so I don't know if there could be any compatibility issues (it's HDMI 2.0).
add ResetNvramEntry.efi in your Drivers section

always reset nvram at the picker when you make any changes to your EFI / BIOS

Code:
<dict>
                <key>Arguments</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>ResetNvramEntry.efi</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>LoadEarly</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>ResetNvramEntry.efi</string>
            </dict>

I'm lucky enough to have two gaming builds, one contains a 6700XT and the other a 4700G, (thanks ChefKiss). If the 5700G seems a little out of reach, it's 4000 series sibling can still deliver in gaming imo. 12MB L3 cache compared to 16 in the 5700G and a lower base clock don't seem all that important if you have 32GB RAM installed, Oh!, and 4000 is Zen 2, while 5000 is Zen 3. But they both contain 8 Radeon RX Vega 8 Cores and according to AMD, the 4700G comes in at 2100MHz and the 5700G, 2000MHz!. Anyway, let's not get bogged down with Vega 8's and Zen, where it matters most is gaming, and METAL_HUD is saying Yep!, I'm happy with that!.

Last edited:
NootedRed also got an update a few hours ago along with NootRX, 'Bump actions/upload-artifact from 3 to 4 (#212)’ is working great on my 4700G. Extra special thanks to ChefKiss and their amazing team.

There are various ways to check improvements with each update to NootedRed.kext, I'll checkout the screen savers and see how they transition back to desktop. Or run a benchmark in GB6 and Unigene Valley, but the most notable difference is when playing DIRT Rally by Code Masters. I'm speculating that within the next 2 - 3 updates we can definitely claim that a 4700G will consistently deliver 60 FPS whilst gaming on medium to high settings. Compared to my last Tube video from my last update, I'm seeing a +10-20 increase in frame rates, oof!.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 12.20.29 PM.png

Yes, 5600g work fine with nootedred when VDA decoder is disabled (nred default)), if AppleGVA is enabled by boot arg -nredvcn, some 3rd apps like IINA, VLC, h264 and 8 bit HEVC video playback may be failed to initiate video surface (10 bit HEVC video playback is OK), others seems to be OK.
View attachment 569372
I have the same specs as yours but still can't get VDA Decoder Fully supported.
Can you tell me how to do that.

Blimey!. I missed all these updates, six since yesterday. My favorite.kext NootedRed has received a lot of love and been updated, the two I'm interested in, 'Updates for 14.4' and 'Fix Renoir driver settings' will be installed on the 4700G before the 5700U.
Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 9.49.45 PM.png

Might want to wait a little longer on updating to macOS Sonoma 14.4, another 5700U has reported problems!. I haven't reached desktop with my 5700U install yet, and sounds like I might want to give it a miss.

Back