Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mork_vom_Ork your RX480 are fully working in the last macOS Sierra beta version?

Fl0r!an: Mork mentioned on another forum how he got his RX 460 working on DP6 with acceleration. Similar to the methods posted here. It involved setting iGPU as primary and booting with a black screen to the login prompt.

Ok, I've made some more tests... and i was some kind of successfull!

RX460 card is plugged into PCI-Slot#1... no Monitor attached to it. Internal INTEL HD530 switched on via BIOS (Settings: primary GFX is Onboard, Shared Memory is set to 64MB, Multimonitor is enabled). Connect Monitor to either HDMI, DP or DVI and boot to System.

Following Settings in CLOVER config.plist:

Inject ATI: true
FakeID: 0x0
VideoPorts: 7
Inject Intel: true
ig-platform-id: 0x19120000

With this config i booted into SIERRA DeveloperBeta 6 (built 16A294a). Opened Systemmonitor to check, if AMDRadeon4000.kext was loaded:
Bildschirmfoto2016-08-16um04.39.03.jpg

Bildschirmfoto2016-08-16um05.32.48.jpg

Guess what: as you can see - it truely was loaded!!! So i switched Monitorcable (used DP here) from INTEL onbaord into RX460 DP-Port. Et voila: i got full resolution and FULL accelleration. YEAH.

Now i just got one problem: even if Primary Grafikadopter is set to "Onboard", system allways started from RX460 as primary card when Monitor is connecte to both internal HD530 and RX460, which results in NO GO. It only works when HD530 is really the primary or only GFX-card detected on PowerOn System or Reset System.

I was not able yet to get my system work with Monitors connected to both cards and make the HD530 the real primary GFXcard. It allways use the RX460 to diplay BIOS settings, whenever it detects a connected monitor. Hope you understand what i mean with that - don't know how to describe it better in english (not my native language).
Bildschirmfoto2016-08-16um05.07.25.jpg

So if there is anyone around there to tell me how to get this problem fixed, i am half way done in using the Sapphire RX460 NITRO.

Oh, one thing i forgot to mention: with all the above discribed, i no longer have to change device-id of RX460 from original 67ef1002 to 67df1002 - i just let the system detect the correct device-id.

I will test it with RX480 later this day and keep you informed.

This sounds promising. My machine is super-hosed right now, but I'm eager for a working rx 480 solution.

@Mork_vom_Ork : I am a bit confused. If you disable Multimonitor in bios, set IGPU as primary, plug in the monitor to the RX460 ...does it still boot to a login screen?

This method is what I had to use for my R9 380. It will boot, with a black screen..no bios no clover, but I will get the login screen at the end.

Anyone have luck with PB5 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back