Contribute
Register

Mini PC AMD Ryzen 7 5700U - Need Installation Help

Do I have to ask him something specific or just how he did it with the WIFI.

Never asked anyone on Github

Do I have to ask him something specific or just how he did it with the WIFI.

Never asked anyone on Github
or you could ask for their original DSDT so you can also compare the changes

or you could ask for their original DSDT so you can also compare the changes
The creator of the Github post doesn't seem to be a very nice person. He doesn't want to talk to someone who asks him a polite question.

What other options do I have? ?

Sorry I'm late to the party here, but instead of using someone else's DSDT.aml and Clover bootloader, why don't you just use OpenCore?

With OpenCore you do not use a DSDT, only modified derivative SSDTs.

That way you should have no issues getting wifi to work if you have now changed the built-in card for an Intel AX200/201/210/211.

Or have I missed something?

:)

Sorry I'm late to the party here, but instead of using someone else's DSDT.aml and Clover bootloader, why don't you just use OpenCore?

With OpenCore you do not use a DSDT, only modified derivative SSDTs.

That way you should have no issues getting wifi to work if you have now changed the built-in card for an Intel AX200/201/210/211.

Or have I missed something?

This has already been tried. But unfortunately everything that has been tried has been unsuccessful.

The DSTD only served to make this possible. I don't use them. Unfortunately no one can find a solution

I only use opencore - I don't know Clover

The DSTD only served to make this possible.
The DSDT-S3.aml working with your WiFi makes no sense, as the patch applied to the HP laptop DSDT was created/designed to fix an issue with Sleep/Wake problems on an Asus laptop!

What makes it even harder to understand how the WiFi work with this DSDT, is that you are using the patched DSDT.aml table from a HP Pavilion AMD laptop not an AMD Mini PC.

There is nothing obvious in the DSDT-S3.aml table from the HP laptop that enables the Intel WiFi card.

There is no mention of any WiFi fixes in the Github repository for the HP laptop, nor on the Asus Sleep/Wake fix repository. The HP laptop owner just replaced the unsupported Realtek WiFi/BT card with an Intel AX210 card, with the appropriate kexts for the Intel WiFi and Bluetooth.

Unfortunately, we are no closer to understanding the why's and wherefores of the WiFi working with the DSDT-S3.aml table in your Mini PC!

What I would strongly recommend is that you follow the guide for fixing S3 using your system DSDT.aml, so you are at least working with the correct patched DSDT.aml. See if applying the S3 Fix to your system DSDT.aml somehow fixes your WiFi issues in macOS. I don't know why it would, but stranger things happen.

The DSDT-S3.aml working with your WiFi makes no sense, as the patch applied to the HP laptop DSDT was created/designed to fix an issue with Sleep/Wake problems on an Asus laptop!

What makes it even harder to understand how the WiFi work with this DSDT, is that you are using the patched DSDT.aml table from a HP Pavilion AMD laptop not an AMD Mini PC.

There is nothing obvious in the DSDT-S3.aml table from the HP laptop that enables the Intel WiFi card.

There is no mention of any WiFi fixes in the Github repository for the HP laptop, nor on the Asus Sleep/Wake fix repository. The HP laptop owner just replaced the unsupported Realtek WiFi/BT card with an Intel AX210 card, with the appropriate kexts for the Intel WiFi and Bluetooth.

Unfortunately, we are no closer to understanding the why's and wherefores of the WiFi working with the DSDT-S3.aml table in your Mini PC!

What I would strongly recommend is that you follow the guide for fixing S3 using your system DSDT.aml, so you are at least working with the correct patched DSDT.aml. See if applying the S3 Fix to your system DSDT.aml somehow fixes your WiFi issues in macOS. I don't know why it would, but stranger things happen.

Ah, that throws more light. :thumbup:

I suspect a standard DSDT has nothing to do with which type of wireless card is used, only if one is present and enabled. My own recent builds have demonstrated that Gigabyte are using three or four different wireless-cards in different incremental versions of the same motherboard. These use the exact same BIOS files so there's no brand-specific wireless details in there.

S3 and S4/S5 are the most common BIOS sleep settings that cause problems in my view so patching S3 does sound logical for that.

This has already been tried. But unfortunately everything that has been tried has been unsuccessful.

The DSTD only served to make this possible. I don't use them. Unfortunately no one can find a solution

I only use opencore - I don't know Clover

I mentioned Clover because you should not use a DSDT with OpenCore, plain and simple, and I mistakenly assumed that was why you'd used one.

You've probably tried this too, but you may find that sometimes even the correct version AirportItlwm.kext will not activate wifi but itlwm.kext will. This happened to me only very recently. This is all because we should remember the OpenIntel wireless kexts for Sonoma are at the alpha development stage only and prone to bugs.

Ah, das wirft mehr Licht. :Daumen:

Ich vermute, ein Standard-DSDT hat nichts damit zu tun Typ der drahtlosen Karte wird nur verwendet, wenn eine vorhanden und aktiviert ist. Meine eigenen jüngsten Builds haben gezeigt, dass Gigabyte drei oder vier verschiedene Funkkarten in verschiedenen inkrementellen Versionen des gleich Motherboard. Diese verwenden genau dieselben BIOS-Dateien, sodass dort keine markenspezifischen drahtlosen Details enthalten sind.

S3 und S4 / S5 sind die häufigsten BIOS-Schlafeinstellungen, die meiner Ansicht nach Probleme verursachen. Daher klingt das Patchen von S3 logisch.

Ich habe Clover erwähnt, weil du solltest nicht Verwenden Sie schlicht und einfach ein DSDT mit OpenCore, und ich habe fälschlicherweise angenommen, dass Sie deshalb eines verwendet haben.

Sie haben dies wahrscheinlich auch versucht, aber Sie werden vielleicht feststellen, dass manchmal sogar die richtige Version AirportItlwm.kext kein WLAN aktiviert, sondern itlwm.kext. Das ist mir erst vor kurzem passiert. Dies ist alles, weil wir uns daran erinnern sollten, dass die OpenIntel-Funk-Kexte für Sonoma am sind Alpha Nur Entwicklungsphase und anfällig für Fehler.

Hello
I only used Clover to read via bootstick and F4. So that I get an Origin folder. I took the DSDT file from the folder and created the SSDTs from it.

I'm glad that I'm halfway through Opencore. Edhawk has always given me good advice when it comes to kexts and I try to implement it as best I can. Unfortunately it is sometimes difficult because of the translation.

Back