Contribute
Register

Musicians on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if there is someone who managed to use spectrasonics products on their hackintosh? If so how have you entered the codes

Thanks

I'm new to Hackbuilding - about to make one this weekend hopefully!

I'm running Ableton 8 and Traktor Pro with - Focusrite Saffire USB 6, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2s, Novation 25 SL, Korg Nano Kontrol and my best bit of kit - MIDI FIGHTER

Can't wait to move over from Windows ....

Well I don't have a Hackintosh- yet, still have my G5 Dual 2.0, but I use Logic 8 and an Alesis Multimix Firewire for multichannel recording, works great. Garageband is easy to setup for recording too. Best thing about the firewire mixer is you can hook it up to almost any mac with a FW port, quick install of a driver and you can record, very easy. Hopefully all this works just fine on a Hackintosh, probably need to upgrade to Logic 9 though.

ppl, i tell you my experiencie on this, so i'll share it with you.

i have my hackintosh working 100% ok, si i needed to plug my audio device Apogee Duet (i use it with Ableton Live)

so a friend give me a VIA VT6306 firewire pci card. i plugged it on my mother and started my osx. The system recognized it well, so my Apogee Duet too, but i have problems with sounds. it skipps randomly.... don't matter what i do, if i use ableton or vlc media player to listen mp3, it audio is skipping sometimes.

so i readed a lot on this forum, insanleymac forum, and others, and i realized that i needed a Ti (Texas Instruments) card, cause Apple use this chips on their Mac's machines.

Today i bought a pci-e card (Ti with XIO2213B chipset, on this link http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA ... hip-ti-_JM), and tested it with my osx86 machine.
So far, it worked excellent. No skips problem.

i hope it works for you ;)

Bye,
Sergio

Hi, I'm a producer too (techno/house/tech house - minimal)
and I switched to hackintosh for having major stability and do my final master with Logic 9.

I use Ableton 8 to do track and at the moment my card is audio4 ..everything work fine except some audio crackle only if I select the loop in the transport bar..
I will try my audio8dj tonight.

I have to say that everything works fine with all plugin ( I have waves, all native instruments etc) but I don't see rilevant differences respect using windows 7 x64.

My system is ok for 64bit but snow leopard work in 32 bit mode...BOH! :\

mauroalpha said:
Hi, I'm a producer too (techno/house/tech house - minimal)
and I switched to hackintosh for having major stability and do my final master with Logic 9.

I use Ableton 8 to do track and at the moment my card is audio4 ..everything work fine except some audio crackle only if I select the loop in the transport bar..
I will try my audio8dj tonight.

I have to say that everything works fine with all plugin ( I have waves, all native instruments etc) but I don't see rilevant differences respect using windows 7 x64.

My system is ok for 64bit but snow leopard work in 32 bit mode...BOH! :\

Look, i feel the same way as you, because i have a little background noise on my os86 system (i have a duet for audio card) but i think that we must be patient on this, because we don't must to forget that we are using an experimental project the push people like us to test how a creative multimedia production mode can be on this..... and for now, it is a technology of the present, and we need more time to get this type of operating system reaching the right way!

Think! it is actual !! Drivers for Ati 5770 just released by Apple on August!! it is so ... recent.

we are running over inusual waves... so.. it can be difficult sometimes..... and we need to surf it :D

i love my I5 osx86 over my C2D macbook ... =D

more and more tracks simoultaneously, not needing to freeze anything to keep working without riching the power limit, vocoders, autotunes and a lots of synths with their respective attached plugins, each track...... and CPU and OS not freaking in any ****ing way........ it is so great to me.

And here, in my country (Argentina, Buenos Aires), it is so impossible (very expensive) to me to buy an original Mac Pro just to get fun with music as i do.....

Sergio.

Hi guys,

I finally got some time to try the Logic 9, I just could not believe that it's working flawless on my system with the on-board sound card!!! There's a demo song, core audio reports 6ms latency, that's just great!

Since I am using it to compose my own songs just for hobby, I am very satisfied how it works, even thrilled!

SL 10.6.4 running logic 9.1.3 with delta 1010lt PCI card on the envy24 drivers! logic pro runs smooth with all the soundcard inputs functional and 3rd party plugins installed...MIDI only via midisport 2x2 and the OEM driver...

''I just wanted to know if there is someone who managed to use spectrasonics products on their hackintosh? If so how have you entered the codes''

I had the same problem, no eternet ID, so Spectrasonics won't Authotize without it.. and my ethernet was not functioning [ a kext problem ] then i downloaded from here the ''RealtekRTL81xx_0.0.67'' and my ethernet is back to normal , but STILL no Ethernet ID for Spectrasonics..... so i went to HD/Library/Prefs./SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces and took it to the thrash and empty it , then i went to System Prefrences> Network , and Delete EVERYTHING from there.. then Restart , then go to System perefrences > Network And add a new Interface Service , there should be now the Ethernet and you have to name it ''Ethernet[en0]'' and that was it..... Now when i go to Authorize Spectrasonics there is a Ethernet ID , hope this works for you , sorry for my english !

http://www.myspace.com/wavesequence/photos
This is my little music corner.

MotU Digital Performer is my main software, although a G4 1.25DP is too slow to drive all my instruments (both via MIDI and audio).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back