Contribute
Register

no mic ALC255

Motherboard
Laptop > Need make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5-5200U
Graphics
GT 920M
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5558
Processor: Intel i5-5200U
Realtek ALC255
AppleHDA
macOS 12.6.8 (Monterey)

Please help!
Tried every layout-id but can't get headphone mic working with any layout-id. With some layout-ids, internal mic works and decent sound but headphone mic still doesn't work.
Layout-id=27 gives best sound output (no crackling, clean sound) but neither internal mic nor headphone mic works. BTW, headphone and its mic work flawlessly in Win 10 22H2.

layout 3, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 37, 66, 69, 71, 82, 86, 96, 99, 100, 255
(https://github.com/acidanthera/applealc/wiki/supported-codecs)

Please help!

Last edited:
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5558
Processor: Intel i5-5200U
Realtek ALC255
AppleHDA
macOS 12.6.8 (Monterey)

Please help!
Tried every layout-id but can't get headphone mic working with any layout-id. With some layout-ids, internal mic works and decent sound but headphone mic still doesn't work.
Layout-id=27 gives best sound output (no crackling, clean sound) but neither internal mic nor headphone mic works. BTW, headphone and its mic work flawlessly in Win 10 22H2.

layout 3, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 37, 66, 69, 71, 82, 86, 96, 99, 100, 255
(https://github.com/acidanthera/applealc/wiki/supported-codecs)

Please help!
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

if none of the layouts work then you will probably need to follow this guide:

and then maybe this:

or try VoodooHDA.kext

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

if none of the layouts work then you will probably need to follow this guide:

and then maybe this:

or try VoodooHDA.kext
Tried the AppleALC guide. I didnt understand some of things mentioned there. I did some progress but it was futile as i couldnt complete it (maybe i am too dumb).
I got caught up in drawing references from schematic diagram and tracing path and pathmap. I googled it and learnt some stuff but it wasnt enough for me to figure out everything (surely i m way too dumb).
Please help.
Please!

Tried the AppleALC guide. I didnt understand some of things mentioned there. I did some progress but it was futile as i couldnt complete it (maybe i am too dumb).
I got caught up in drawing references from schematic diagram and tracing path and pathmap. I googled it and learnt some stuff but it wasnt enough for me to figure out everything (surely i m way too dumb).
Please help.
Please!
something you will have to do yourself

did you try VoodooHDA instead of AppleALC?

something you will have to do yourself

did you try VoodooHDA instead of AppleALC?
Nope. I didnt. Voodoo is the last resort for me.

Thanks!

Back