Contribute
Register

Options for Wifi on the Gigabyte Z370N Wifi ITX

Good find and solution, thanks for sharing.

@Edhawk, Verified Bluetooth works, and as a factoid, the Airportitlwm Sonoma Kext has been updated for 14.4 which was causing the crash. The current ( or as current as I had it) Kext must be disabled to update to 14.4 and the current version 42dc7bc on 3/9
Kext was updated to ef2e076 for 14.4 and a new version from 3/9, replacing what I had for the Z370 and my "Z390, machine which resulted in the same upgrade results as the Z370", this cured the crashing, by just replacing the Kext with 42dc7bc. My suggestion is to disable all of the "Intel wifi Kexts", before making any Sonoma update and then check functionality by re-enabling, it after the update has been completed. Have a boot flash ready without Intel Kexts to get yourself back to the desktop if crashing is experienced. If the newest one does not fix you will have to leave it disabled until a corrected alpha build is written.
Just in case ....
1710242787082.png

I would recommend that people give the Itlwm developer(s) time to settle down. As the kexts may be updated repeatedly, until all the latest changes to the WiFi stack implemented by Apple have been discovered and resolved.

Back