Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hello,Thank you for the Post!
How exactly do I run Windows and Hackintosh as a dual boot? I have heard and read that it works.

And can you do me a favor please?
I have the following system:
Intel i7 8700K
Asus Rog Strix z370-f
Gaming16 GB Kingston
Fury DDR4XFX RX 6700 XT 12 GB

Since I had a tumour in my head, I can't set up the system even with several videos because I don't know exactly which Kexte, etc..
I still need. And whether what I choose will fit in the end.
Would you possibly make it ready for me so that I only have to load it as EFI ?
I should be able to do the rest. And then tell me how it works with dual boot. I would be very happy if you could do this for me!

I've had this build for years now, updated to Ventura 13.6.6 with @snoopy69's OC config. However, I restarted my hack one time, and now whenever I put it to sleep, it just shuts down. Does the same thing after doing another restart and nvram reset. Any ideas?

Hello,Thank you for the Post!
How exactly do I run Windows and Hackintosh as a dual boot? I have heard and read that it works.

And can you do me a favor please?
I have the following system:
Intel i7 8700K
Asus Rog Strix z370-f
Gaming16 GB Kingston
Fury DDR4XFX RX 6700 XT 12 GB

Since I had a tumour in my head, I can't set up the system even with several videos because I don't know exactly which Kexte, etc..
I still need. And whether what I choose will fit in the end.
Would you possibly make it ready for me so that I only have to load it as EFI ?
I should be able to do the rest. And then tell me how it works with dual boot. I would be very happy if you could do this for me!

Just install Windows as you would on any normal PC. When you boot in to OpenCore, the menu will allow you to choose whether you want to boot in to macOS or Windows.

The EFIs on post #1 should work for your motherboard with the exception of USB mapping. That will have to be done on your own since physical access to the computer is needed to configure it.

I've had this build for years now, updated to Ventura 13.6.6 with @snoopy69's OC config. However, I restarted my hack one time, and now whenever I put it to sleep, it just shuts down. Does the same thing after doing another restart and nvram reset. Any ideas?

I have no idea what can cause that.

Back