Contribute
Register

[Solved] El Capitan sleep/wake problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z790-H Gaming WiFi
CPU
i5-13600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hy. I have installed El Capitan into my hackintosh but i have some problems with sleep/wake:

Motherboard: ga-z97x-ud5h
Bios: F10
CPU: Intel Haswell Refresh, Core i7 4790K
RAM : Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 16GB DDR3 2133MHz CL11 Dual Channel Kit
GPU: GTX 970 OC by MSI!

BIOS Settings:

XPM: Profile 1
VT-D: Disabled
PCIe: 1
IPG: Disabled
XHCI Hand off : Enabled
EHCI Hand off : Enabled
Wake on LAN : Disabled

Everything else works great except sleep/wake:

Symptoms:

[video=youtube;FyAh8XjGpMQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyAh8XjGpMQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

i faced the same problem on yosemite to!

sorry for my bad english

El Capitan sleep/wake problems!

Only the graphic card it going to sleep. Look the power button, when the light turn off it goes to sleep and after 2 seconds it is automatically wake. When the light turn on I can hear all the vents and hard drives. It is staying like this for a few minutes and the it try again to go to sleep. My computer repeat this cycle a few times and after that my pc restart automatically.

Do you have any PCI devices or add-in cards other than your video card?

Do you have any USB devices other than keyboard/mouse?

Have you installed Nvidia Web drivers?

Do you have XMPDetection enabled in config.plist?

1) i have a TP-LINK TL-WDN4800

2) i have a bluetooth dongle

3) yes

4) right now no but even with XMP Detection enabled in config.plist i get same results!

Can you try without the bluetooth dongle and see if it's any different?

And if that doesn't help, try without the TL-WDN4800 and see if it's any different?

Just want to establish whether one of those is causing the issue.

I have solved my problem. My PSU Corsair RM 750i has a USB port to monitor consumption through a usb cable which i connect to motherboard and to PSU.
I have disconnected the USB cable and after that no sleep problems anymore.

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

Hello--I am having the same issue, I think. I am not certain. I am running El Capitan, and sometimes during sleep, the computer will restart (presumably when I try to wake it). I have a SilverStone PSU.

This is my first Hackintosh. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have been a lurker here for several weeks as I was trying to work through the issues.

:beachball:

I have more and less the same kind problem.

I just installed 'El Capitan' today on a Gigabyte H170N and when I turn off the computer....it turn off normally...but if then I press any key of the keyboard, the computer turns on (yes, like if I've pressed the power button)

Anybody knows why this happens?

PS. I already disabled things on BIOS such Wake on Lan and in the OS itself.

EDIT
Ok I solved the problem opening Clover configurator, mounted the EFI and in the first screen just check the 'Fix Shutdown' option. That will do the Shut Down problem.

My problem now is that when I put it on Sleep mode, I can wake up the computer (if move mouse or keyboard), but then my monitor gets no signal and I have no other option than force power off (pressing power button for 5 secs)....anybody else have this problem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back