CPU
i5-11400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Everything running smoothly on my HP Probook 4530s. Still not working for me throughout the 1st beta are No Brightness control and audio control from the keys (Can control via bluetooth keyboard) Touchpad in System preferences also blank.

Everything running smoothly on my HP Probook 4530s. Still not working for me throughout the 1st beta are No Brightness control and audio control from the keys (Can control via bluetooth keyboard) Touchpad in System preferences also blank.
pretty sure thats common with Sierra

Known problems...

What? Don't they fn keys for the brightness and audio work in Sierra? :/

What? Don't they fn keys for the brightness and audio work in Sierra? :/
i tried the brightness controls on my old laptop on Sierra and they worked ok, not that would help you in any way :(

acer aspire 7738g laptop. went back to yosemite on it as the hdmi out wouldnt work correctly on Sierra

And what are the workarounds? :/
Are there any known solutions?

i tried the brightness controls on my old laptop on Sierra and they worked ok, not that would help you in any way :(

Brightness can work if you use the Fx keys. And map them via SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts. But that is not "real" brightness key. All NX keys are broken.

And what are the workarounds? :/
Are there any known solutions?

Read post #8. No good work arounds for the volume keys. Obviously you can use the menu bar to change volume quite easily. And there are apps that provide a similar menu for brightness also.

Brightness can work if you use the Fx keys. And map them via SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts. But that is not "real" brightness key. All NX keys are broken.
nope, i didnt do that, i would press the FN and brightness up and down and the screen would get brighter and dimmer (just like on yosemite).

Used your http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ to create the Sierra install disk. i didnt patch or do anything out of the ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back