Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI +32Gb DDR5 + i9-13900K + Radeon RX 6800XT

the 3 files same as this update?

I use this version kext.
BIOS version 7E06vAB
BIOS setting follow here:

But without modify CPU Lite mode.Is this reason? I'll try and see.
thank you for your reply.
Same BIOS version.
You can use the BIOS config file attached here. You have only to change boot order to fit your HDD/SSD configuration

Attachments

• MsOcFile24042024.ocb.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 2
Hi Pulpinex,

thank you for your post! I have finally built a PC around my RX 6800 XT, which I bought for another project I never did and sitting unused since then. To clarify, I did this build as I need a directX capable machine in my otherwise Mac office. However, I would be glad to be able to use this machine with MacOs as well.

I have copied your build, CPU 13900K, MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI, Vengeance DDR5 RAM 6600Mhz. However, I am having an issue I am hoping you could assist?

I created from my Mac the Sonoma installer with GUID partition scheme.
I have copied your EFI OC 0.9.7 iMacPro1,1 in my USB installer EFI folder, and changed serial n. UUID etc...
I didn't fully understand if I have to do anything regarding ACPI and NVRAM emulation or those are already taken care of by your EFI folder?
I have flashed the PC bios and updated settings to match yours
I have cleaned (not erased) the PC NVRAM
I have installed Sonoma in the PC, all the process seems successful, however when it reboots it does not recognize the Mac drive bootable and goes straight to Windows. When pressing F11 to see the boot options, Bios does not recognize the MacOS one.

There is something I am missing? ‍♂️
(Thank you for your help!!)

Hi Pulpinex,

thank you for your post! I have finally built a pc around my RX 6800 XT, bought for another project I never did, and sitting unused since then. To clarify, I did this build as I need a directX capable machine in my otherwise Mac office, however I would be glad to be able to use this machine with MacOs as well.

I have copied your build, CPU 13900K, MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI, Vengeance DDR5 RAM 6600Mhz. However, I am having an issue I am hoping you could assist?

I created from my Mac the Sonoma installer with GUID partition scheme.
I have copied your EFI OC 0.9.7 iMacPro1,1 in my USB installer EFI folder, and changed serial n. UUID etc...
I didn't fully understand if I have to do anything regarding ACPI and NVRAM emulation or those are already taken care of by your EFI folder?
I have flashed the PC bios and updated settings to match yours
I have cleaned (not erased) the PC MVRAM
I have installed Sonoma in the PC, all the process seems successful, however when it reboots it does not recognise the Mac drive bootable and goes straight to Windows. When pressing F11 to see the boot options, Bios does not recognise the MacOs one.

There is something I am missing? ‍♂️
(Thank you for your help!!)
I think I didn't understand well.
When you boot your PC, when you press F11 you should see a list of disk (not the OS).
If you have chosen the correct NVME disk you should boot the OpenCore boot loader... and then you have to choose the operating system!
Isn't that what happens?

When you use my bios config setting, you have to change disk boot order to fit your configuration.

How many disk have you in your PC?

Try using a USB pen drive formatted as show in the following pict:
Screenshot 2024-04-26 alle 11.52.01.png

Copy the EFI folder in the EFI partition you created in the Pen Drive and tell me what happen (obviously: pressing F11 you have to chose the USB Pen Drive as boot drive!)

For the emulating NVRam you have to follow
this guide: don't forget to complete whit last two steps (but BEFORE you have to boot in your Mac OS):

"
Now grab the LogoutHook folder (opens new window)(inside Utilities) and place it somewhere safe (e.g. within your user directory, as shown below):

/Users/$(whoami)/LogoutHook/

Open up terminal and run the following (one at a time):

cd /Users/$(whoami)/LogoutHook/
./Launchd.command install
"

You don't have to change any ACPI file.

But seems that your problem is at boot, when you press F11.
You dont' see any OpenCore boot partition?

Last edited:
Hi Pulpitex,

thank you for your reply!!

I think I didn't understand well.
When you boot your PC, when you press F11 you should see a list of disk (not the OS).

Correct.
If you have chosen the correct NVME disk you should boot the OpenCore boot loader... and then you have to choose the operating system!
Isn't that what happens?

That's my issue, the disk where I installed Sonoma does not show up.
When you use my bios config setting, you have to change disk boot order to fit your configuration.

How many disk have you in your PC?

I have two NVME disks, one for each OS, and one old SATA as archive. In the Bios boot order dialog box, the disk where I have installed Sonoma, does not appear at all, as the other non bootable disk.

Try using a USB pen drive formatted as show in the following pict:
View attachment 581832

Copy the EFI folder in the EFI partition you created in the Pen Drive and tell me what happen (obviously: pressing F11 you have to chose the USB Pen Drive as boot drive!)

I did that, using Mac Os Extended journaled though, as per this website guide. I then mounted the EFI partition, and copied your EFI in it. Pressed F11 at boot and selected USB key. Launched Sonoma installer, formatted the selected NVME disk with Disk Utility (maybe I did select the wrong partition type? Now I am retrying with APFS), and then installed Sonoma.

For the emulating NVRam you have to follow this guide: don't forget to complete whit last two steps (but BEFORE you have to boot in your Mac OS):

"
Now grab the LogoutHook folder (opens new window)(inside Utilities) and place it somewhere safe (e.g. within your user directory, as shown below):

/Users/$(whoami)/LogoutHook/

Open up terminal and run the following (one at a time):

cd /Users/$(whoami)/LogoutHook/
./Launchd.command install
"

these are mac terminal commands, I am assuming that this should be done in the PC after the successful installation?

You don't have to change any ACPI file.

But seems that your problem is at boot, when you press F11.
You dont' see any OpenCore boot partition?
that's exactly my problem! I must have done something wrong somewhere.

I just realised that at the reboot I have to boot OpenCore again and select the installer in the NVMe disk to terminate the installation. I am doing that now. :thumbup:

That was actually not difficult to grasp, my apologies for asking too early!!

Last edited:
Back