Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX
CPU
i5-13600KF
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Hello everyone, I've been trying for the past few trying to set up my hackintosh. I was in the scene way older so I'm OOTL now.
Sonoma 14.2.1 downloaded from gibMacOS

This is my desktop:
i5-13600KF
32GB Kingston Fury Beast
Sandisk 500GB SSD
Radeon RX 6800 XT.

I've been having issues since day one with most of the times not being able to boot into the installation itself.
My latest issue is the installation erroring out at #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START.
I've tried all the steps from here https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...rnel-issues.html#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start

I've attached my EFI folder with the logs.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 8
Hello everyone, I've been trying for the past few trying to set up my hackintosh. I was in the scene way older so I'm OOTL now.
Sonoma 14.2.1 downloaded from gibMacOS

This is my desktop:
i5-13600KF
32GB Kingston Fury Beast
Sandisk 500GB SSD
Radeon RX 6800 XT.

I've been having issues since day one with most of the times not being able to boot into the installation itself.
My latest issue is the installation erroring out at #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START.
I've tried all the steps from here https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...rnel-issues.html#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start

I've attached my EFI folder with the logs.

Hi there (Remember not to duplicate posts).

Your EFI is probably missing the extras necessary for a 13th gen CPU to boot.

For example you need to spoof a Comet Lake CPU. You also need CPUFriend and its companion definition file. And other stuff...

A good idea would be to visit our Golden Builds forum and check out @CaseySJ 's 12th gen build, or the User Builds and @Stork 's 12th gen. These both show what is needed.

:)

Hey there!

I checked out these two guides although in none of them could I find the need to spoof the CPU. I only found adding the name of your Radeon GPU, perhaps you meant that? Otherwise, could you please link me to what you found?

Best regards

Hey there!

I checked out these two guides although in none of them could I find the need to spoof the CPU. I only found adding the name of your Radeon GPU, perhaps you meant that? Otherwise, could you please link me to what you found?

Best regards

The best way to learn is to study the EFI folders of the two Builds I referenced.

There is no specific Raptor Lake guide, even Dortania doesn't go fully beyond Comet Lake because that is when macOS Intel support officially ended. But in essence, to make newer hardware work we have to fool macOS into thinking it is Comet Lake, hence the spoofing.

Sadly the OpenCore manual gives little detail on the data you can use (Page 31 section 7.5 Emulate Properties for 0.9.7).

For example, to emulate Comet Lake with your Raptor Lake CPU enter this in the Cpuid1Data field in your config.piist:
55060A00 00000000 00000000 00000000
... and in the Cpuid1Mask field:
FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

If you study the EFIs from the builds you will see both include this. They also include extra kexts to define the topography of the new generation CPUs.

Check your security settings.
Check your SSDTs - create new for the 13th gen CPU using SSDTTime from CorpNewt.
Probably best to use USBInjectAll.kext and the XhciPortLimit quirk to open up all USB ports.
Probably best to use the latest version OpenCore
Check your BIOS settings

Hello,

I generated the SSDTs using SSDTTime on a Ubuntu partition. I had to disable Hyperthreading as I was getting a 14 threads but 20 registered from MADT error.

After that I was able to boot into the installer but I'm stuck at booting the MacOS partition for the final step of the installation. It throws a OCB: Start image failed error.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 6
I had to disable Hyperthreading as I was getting a 14 threads but 20 registered from MADT error.
You may enable quirk ProvideCpuInfo and enjoy all of your potential threads.

This looks like you're trying to hack your RaptorLake system from scratch while ignoring what has actually been achieved since Alder Lake came out.

Following any of the success guides of Alder Lake or Raptor Lake hasn't yielded me any results so I'm trying to debug the actual errors I get.

Back