Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Anyone using USB dongle wifi on their mini? I'm using the alternate board and picked up a little tiny airlink 101 dongle.

http://www.meritline.com/showproduct.as ... sb-adapter

Installed the mac osx software for 10.7, and it connects perfect at long in.

However, every time the computer sleeps while the wifi is on, when it wakes up the wifi wont connect, the airlink app says enable the dongle in system settings / network, and system settings / network says the card is unplugged. Odd for a wifi card as its the same message ethernet gives if the network cable is unplugged (but there is no cable obviously)

I built this mini as a family computer in the living room (where there is no ethernet) for use by my wife and 10 year old. Both of them have limited capacity for troubleshooting I just need it to work for them when they sit down.

If the logged in user logs out, and the computer is back at the user selecting / log in splash screen and the computer sleeps there, either by x minutes passing or hitting the sleep button, when it wakes up and someone logs in, it works fine. The issue only happens when the computer sleeps during a logged in session when wifi is on. The only way to get the wifi back when this happens is to reboot.

I'm hoping there is a solution for this (I guess I'll buy a new dongle if i have to) because i cant control my wife's and son's behavior of not logging out and the computer sleeping, then not having wifi when it wakes up.

Help or suggestions is appreciated.

Crap, sorry mods, too many windows open, posted this in the wrong forum initially.

Thanks for moving to network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back