Contribute
Register

USB Wireless Adapters for Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma

Just tried it with an Archer T3U Plus.. and no, Airdrop doesn't work. Neither does Find My Mac. Both say there's no WiFi installed.

Just tried with the Fenvi USB WiFi and I have the same results, plus no location in Maps.

After updating my Surface Pro 5 to Sonoma 14.4 (the previous was Ventura), I am encountering an issue with the Wireless USB Big Sur Adapter. Whenever I switch on the Wi-Fi ( EDIMAX EW-7611ULB or EDIMAX EW-7811DAC/AC600), I need to reinstall the utility, as it doesn't present in StatusBarApp. This was not an issue with Ventura. I have the latest Release V17, but it cannot install without disabling SIP, although it should work even with SIP enabled as shown in the guide:
https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter/discussions/159.
Additionally, in Privacy & Security settings, the Security tab does not show two options: "StatusBarApp was blocked....--Open Anyway" and "System software "Realtek.." has been updated --Allow".
I have asked chris1111 how to fix it, and he advised me to follow the guide. Unfortunately, after several attempts, I still have the same situation. For every launch Sonoma, needs to reinstall this app

Anyone has this one working with airdrop. My wifi working OK but airdrop not working. Please help

Last edited:
You can always use an alternative App from AirDrop to share files.

LocalSend is available from the AppStore for macOS, and can be use in other OS's.

You can always use an alternative App from AirDrop to share files.

LocalSend is available from the AppStore for macOS, and can be use in other OS's.

Thank you very much, I will try it !

Back