Graphics
ATI Rage 128 Pro
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been making my list to build my first Hackintosh and I'm torn about waiting for the Kaby Lake chip. I want native Thunderbolt and USB-C. Is it worth the wait or should I just go with the current fastest chip? How long does it take to test out a chip to see if it's stable to use in a hackintosh? This computer will be used for Pro Tools audio mixing, Adobe Lightroom, and Adobe Premiere.

Thanks for any help you can give.

If you require Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.1 Type C support, then I'd recommend waiting to see if both can be used with Sierra and PC hardware. NB: this may taken until January 2017, using the past as an indication.

BTW, on both of my Skylake systems and El Capitan, I can use USB 3.1 Type C connectors, but only get USB 3.0 speeds and can only use USB, SSD and HDD drives. I can not get any graphics output. So, waiting for Sierra is the only thing to do now.

If you require Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.1 Type C support, then I'd recommend waiting to see if both can be used with Sierra and PC hardware. NB: this may taken until January 2017, using the past as an indication.

BTW, on both of my Skylake systems and El Capitan, I can use USB 3.1 Type C connectors, but only get USB 3.0 speeds and can only use USB, SSD and HDD drives. I can not get any graphics output. So, waiting for Sierra is the only thing to do now.

Thanks for your help. I truly appreciate it. I need thunderbolt 2 but I've read that it won't work on any hackintosh at the present time. I'm wondering how much faster Kaby Lake will be. How many cores. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back