Contribute
Register

WiFi 6E Intel card AX210S PCIe by Ziyituod

@Edhawk
Thank you!!!
So the card works fine on Sonoma. It's a good notice. I just ordered mine right now. With the help of your experience, I see that it is a card that I can try with confidence.

I have a Fenvi T919 that works very well up to Ventura and that works in Sonoma with OCLP, as you already know. But I wanted to have a wifi that works in Sonoma without patching the system or modifying SIP, that's why I was looking at these Intel AX210.
It is not exactly the same because the Apple ecosystem is lost but not used too often (Airdrop almost exclusively).
Added to this is that we cannot avoid the desire to experiment and try new things. Without it, this is more boring :)

When I have mine I would like to publish a little how to. This is something that I also really like, writing help texts.

Good night!

Bluetooth is working with the usual kexts.
  1. IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
  2. IntelBTPatcher.kext
  3. BlueToolFixup.kext
These kexts have a preferred order in config.plist? I think that it's as you have listed them in your post, right?

Is BlueToolFixup.kext also needed? I read in the OpenIntelWireless site:

IntelBluetoothFirmware
  • Uploads Firmware to the device
  • Sets the device's USB Host Controller name to Bluetooth USB Host Controller on Monterey and newer to bypass board-id check in bluetoothd and bluetool
BluetoolFixup.kext also includes a workaround but this is cleaner approach.

Yes, that is the preferred order for the three Bluetooth kexts.

Yes, BluetoolFixup.kext is required since macOS Monterey, when the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext lost functionality. This is due to changes made by Apple to the Bluetooth stack in Monterey.

This method/setup should also work with Intel/Killer AX211 and AX411 WiFi/BT cards, according to Release information for Alpha and Stable versions:

v2.3.0 Alpha
  • ff1138b iwx: support bunch of ax411 variants killer devices.
v2.2.0 Stable
  • Support more Killer devices from the AX211 family.

Back