Contribute
Register

Xiaomi MiiiW - perfect Hackintosh Keyboard? Mac Magic Bluetooth + USB wireless + Mac and Win layouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170N WiFi
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Have anyone tried Xiaomi MiiiW keyboard on a hackintosh?

Looks like a perfect hackintosh keyboard with Bluetooth and USB wireless. So should work as an Apple Magic keyboard and as a regular USB for BIOS/boot stuff.

Plus macOS and Windows layouts and Apple inspired design..

Though the question is has anyone actually tried it with a hackintosh or is this just to good to be true? :D

40435778363_cb4f4b5bce_b.jpg

47401678061_9664443249_b.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I have order the keyboard. :)
Will update after receiving.

Xiaomi MiiiW keyboard for hackintosh?
Arrived in 10 days. :)

Works as a mac keyboard, all fuction keys, bluetooth and everything.

46655405275_6b851deb0c_h.jpg

At the same time USB dongle for hackintosh all boot menus and etc. as a normal USB keyboard.

32628304197_6db2620b46_b.jpg

Super heavy, all metal, weighs almost the same as the 13" MacBook Pro itself!

I have switched to Logitech MX. Even both keyboards are very similar. I think, Xiaomi model failed that it's a wireless keyboard and yet so heavy because of that tablet holding feature..

So Logitech is almost identical, but just better as a regular keyboard and I like keys a little more on the Logi model. :)

The Xiaomi one is def very heavy compare to other keyboards! But tend to not move my keyboard a lot and enjoyed using it to connect to (or just hold my iPad/phone) at the right angle.
With sidecar I see it being more essential than ever!

I have switched back to Xiaomi now. :D

My Logitech had an annoying UK layout so I gave Xiaomi a second chance.. buttons definitely feels like a downgrade after Logi keyboard at first but I got used to Xiaomi in a few days. And it's a fine keyboard now.

All functions same as on Logitech but cheaper. And yes, iPad stand is a big win with sidecar now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back