Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB Batmobile
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am running Customac Pro 2010 build GA-X58A-UD3R ver2.0. I am having trouble with external hard drives showing up in finder. If you go into system they show that they are connected but wont always show up where i can get to them. Any suggestions.

In the Finder, go to the File menu and select Preferences.

In the window that appears, there is a list of three checkboxes: "Hard disks", "Removable media" (such as CDs), and "Connected Servers". Checking the checkboxes will cause those disk drives to appear on the desktop.

If this does not work then you did not enable settings under disk options in MB or is these USB ports 3.0 and you are using external 3.0 drives? Have you installed USB 3.0 nec/renesas kext?

Disk
Collection of kexts that provide enhanced hardware support for optical and disk drives.

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
Makes drives appear as internal. Install with System Utilities tasks.

3rdParty SATA
Provides support for the ASMedia ASM1061, JMicron 36x (aka
GSATA) and Marvell 88SE912 SATA controllers. All drives connected
to these ports show on the desktop as Internal and can NOT be hot
swapped. Install with System Utilities tasks.

Double check;

That hard disks are present and other do not appear then it's possible the directory structure on the missing hard drive is corrupt. Run the Disk Utility to check for possible corruption.

Check the cable connections for missing exernal hard drives. Make sure the plugs are plugged into the sockets by gently pushing on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back