Contribute
Register

OpenGL with GTX 570 only works with "verbose" boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I managed to get my GTX 570 working by putting the device ID into the plist of NVDAGF100Hal.kext.

The problem is that if I boot normally, while QE/CI works fine, the moment an application tries to initialize OpenGL (benchmarks, games), everything locks up. For some reason if I boot with the -v flag, OpenGL works fine. Seems like verbose takes much longer to boot ... maybe it's loading something that isn't loaded normally?

I've been trying to find the boot config file but only know of com.apple.boot.plist in the Extra folder, which doesn't seem to have much in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have the Same Problem with My gtx 580 i have delete the theme Folder in the extra Folder After that the -v Boot is much faster i Hope there is another better Solution Soon

gigazord said:
So I managed to get my GTX 570 working by putting the device ID into the plist of NVDAGF100Hal.kext.

I'm a bit new to this, but can you explain me how I could do the same: putting the device ID into the plist of NVDAGF100Hal.kext.

I have the same card, but I don't know how to do this. If you could explain me step by step please.

Many thanks in advance.
Peter

EDIT: Worked things out. Everything works perfectly with my GTX 570 now.

Adjust bootplist with Graphics Mode with an empty value

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

This is a bug in latest Chameleon. Without this it it will brake 3D !

Note that it says "Graphics Mode", NOT "Graphics Enabler". Leave that one alone.

VicViper said:
Adjust bootplist with Graphics Mode with an empty value

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

This is a bug in latest Chameleon. Without this it it will brake 3D !

Note that it says "Graphics Mode", NOT "Graphics Enabler". Leave that one alone.

Tried this, but did not do the trick.

With Verbose boot everything works fine.

Edit: found out that this works. Just did the wrong boot.plist before. You need the one in /Extra.

Hmm well I tried that but it fried the system, would restart at boot, had to change it back from Windows with MacDrive. Tried setting it to Graphics Mode = 1920x1080x32 but no luck. Is there somewhere with a list of keys for com.apple.boot.plist?

gigazord said:
Hmm well I tried that but it fried the system, would restart at boot, had to change it back from Windows with MacDrive. Tried setting it to Graphics Mode = 1920x1080x32 but no luck. Is there somewhere with a list of keys for com.apple.boot.plist?

Just add:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

to com.apple.boot.plist in the Extra folder and everything is fine after rebooting.

gigazord said:
Tried that - with <string></string> it locks up, with <string>1920x1080x32</string> OpenGL still doesn't work.

Don't know then. With me it works perfectly. I have two monitors running at full resolution, with all video capabilities and OpenGL/3D. I love my PC/MAC now with GTX 570 running fast both in Windows as in OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back