Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
does anyone have a straight forward guide or any tips to removing the fan holder/separator on a mac pro 2008

thebonuslevel said:
does anyone have a straight forward guide or any tips to removing the fan holder/separator on a mac pro 2008

the mac pro case has 6 fans i know of

can you be more specific please....

On the top compartment that houses the PSU and the optical drive sled. In between them is a metal plate with a fan attached. It is rather difficult to remove, to the point where I am about to just dremel the thing out. I was wondering if anyone has removed this before and if they had any tips or obvious solutions that I am just overlooking.

thebonuslevel said:
On the top compartment that houses the PSU and the optical drive sled. In between them is a metal plate with a fan attached. It is rather difficult to remove, to the point where I am about to just dremel the thing out. I was wondering if anyone has removed this before and if they had any tips or obvious solutions that I am just overlooking.

i thought you were refering to same case in my picture..

all i can offer you is if everything is undone ;check with a torch in there to see better if all screws clips are undone mac things are just like that (sneeky screw)

mac design engineers are too good with hiding things:

my case has plastic fans shroud mounting etc...in its original form;

but you may need to take top tray out ;;my case works that way but mine was plastic which allowed twisting....

hardmantosh thebonuslevel

I dont have any good news to report on getting this divider out. The fan you can just cut the rubber mounts the divider has 2 screws at the bottom 2 nuts at the top and 4 rivits at the top that you can not get to to drill out. I did manage to take the shelf out unbolt everything and drill out the 2 rivits you can see and work the part back and forth till the other 2 rivits broke. It is not a pleasant task but it can be done, and it does give you a lot more room to work. Good luck

ptmays said:
hardmantosh

I dont have any good news to report on getting this divider out. The fan you can just cut the rubber mounts the divider has 2 screws at the bottom 2 nuts at the top and 4 rivits at the top that you can not get to to drill out. I did manage to take the shelf out unbolt everything and drill out the 2 rivits you can see and work the part back and forth till the other 2 rivits broke. It is not a pleasant task but it can be done, and it does give you a lot more room to work. Good luck

i dont know who your replying too man ,

sorry hardmantosh

I looked at the wrong post that was for thebonuslevel's question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back