Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Lion is installed on HDD using USB HDD and Unibeast. Only using the Gigabyte MB without any PCI cards. Used Multibeast to apply DSDT, enable network, sound etc. The Lion OS will only boot in safe mode. Some comments on this forum suggest that it is a graphics problem. If so, can anyone explain how to get the onboard graphics to work?

Re: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-F9 Lion boots in safe mode only

OK, signature now contains all system config.

lenka said:
OK, signature now contains all system config.
your i5-2500 CPU has HD2000 graphic which is NOT supported on OSX Lion. you will need a dedicated graphic card.

The following CPU models support HD3000 graphic.
i3-2105
i3-2125
i5-2405S
i5-2500K
i7-2600K

Thank you very much for your very helpful reply.

As my Hackintosh will currently boot in safe mode and the single monitor then works with a good resolution, I am surprised that the OS cannot be edited to support the screen following a normal (edited) boot.

If the OS cannot be modified to suit, I have a GeForce 7600GS card that I could use. Do you know if it is suitable? If not, is there a dual monitor card that you would suggest for non-gaming use.

Ideally, I would like to have dual monitors and the machine will dual boot so that I can use Windows 7 and Mac OS Lion on dual monitors.

With thanks again.

check the forum if anyone had it going on Lion. It was reported to work in Snow Leopard per link below.
wiki/index.php/Graphics_Card_Database

since you have it, why NOT put it in and give it a go...consider it as TESTING ground.

Yes, I installed the NVidia GeForce 7600 GS (512Mb) card. I read on this site that I needed the NVEnable kext. I installed the card and the kext and rebooted. After booting, the PC reaches the "you need to restart your machine..." This is repeated on every reboot.

As with the onboard graphics, the 7600GS GPU operates in safe mode and so I am left confused as to why it cannot work after a normal boot. At this point, I am stuck and I'd be glad of any guidance. With thanks for your help this far.

Screen shot here. Thanks for offering your help.

Attachments

• KernelPanic.jpg
    KernelPanic.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 284
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back