Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 under Lion 10.7.2 (Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X 10.8 ML
CPU
Intel i5-2500K
Graphics
NVIDIA GT430
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hy there,
any idea how I can get USB 3.0 to work under Lion 10.7.2?
My external USB 3.0 drive is not recognised :|

Thanks ;)

You just need to install the usb 3.0 option in multi beast. that worked for me

HackUser1 said:
Hy there,
any idea how I can get USB 3.0 to work under Lion 10.7.2?
My external USB 3.0 drive is not recognised :|

Thanks ;)

Your motherboard has an Etron EJ168 chip for USB 3.0. As of now, the Etron chips don't fully work so chances are connecting devices to these ports won't fully work.

Intel seems to have given USB 3.0 a thumbs down.

There are many topics on the forum related to this. I suggest searching for them if you haven't already.

This is really to the moderator who said "Intel seems to have given USB 3.0) an thumbs down. In my readings I see that USB 3.0 does not offer much improvement over 2.0 all other things being equal. But where did you read about this? Has Intel made an announcement regarding perhaps abandoning USB3.0 in the successor to Sandybridge E the 22nm chip?

donbecky said:
This is really to the moderator who said "Intel seems to have given USB 3.0) an thumbs down. In my readings I see that USB 3.0 does not offer much improvement over 2.0 all other things being equal. But where did you read about this? Has Intel made an announcement regarding perhaps abandoning USB3.0 in the successor to Sandybridge E the 22nm chip?

It's written about in various areas on this forum.

They are developing a proprietary Light-Peak connector for Windows PCs which should be available next year.

I kind of expected that Intel would do something regarding the Thunderbolt issue. I am certainly glad I did not pay a premium for the z68 board.

Thanks for your reply

beelzebozo said:
donbecky said:

It's written about in various areas on this forum.

They are developing a proprietary Light-Peak connector for Windows PCs which should be available next year.

romeo21 said:
You just need to install the usb 3.0 option in multi beast. that worked for me

Thanks, this did work but as beelzebozo stated unfortunately it does not work reliable in any way :cry:
During copy the drive disappears and it`s often not recognised after changing the HDD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back