Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been trying to figure out how to install, if possible, OS X Snow Leopard on a Compaq Presario 2100. If it is possible, what distro would you recommend, or should I use the standard OS X installation DVD?

Ignoring this forum rule?

» 4. Purchased Retail Software and Installation Methods Only.
Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.

Last edited by a moderator:
No distros, No Piracy.

You can try retail software and get some help for that, but that laptop is really old, a decade or so, i'm not sure how it would handle SL, if even possible.

Sorry, I didn't see the distro part. Does anybody think its possible to install leopard on it with the retail disk?

You missed this forum rule too:

» 10. Snow Leopard & Lion Only.
The tools and utilities are not compatible with Tiger or Leopard. Therefore no discussions of installation methods are allowed.

Sorry I couldn't find a leopard section. I was hoping it would be moved by an administrator or somebody.

You can always try SL, there are no guarantees how or if it would work considering, like i already stated in my previous post, it's an really old machine, you can try make it work by using iBoot + Multibeast method:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

Thanks, I will try to install SL if I can find the kexts needed.

You can post the exact specs of your laptop so people can tell you which devices might/won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back