Nvidia 8800 GTS 320Mb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone!
First post for me, this is the second time I try to install snow leopard on my pc... the first time was a complete disaster, I gave up, but now I've decided to try one last time (I really need an hackintosh to develop my university project for bachelor thesis :/ )

I've followed this guide: link but I've finished every time with the same finale: pc shut down.

These my steps:
1) insert iBoot -> ok
2) insert snow leopard 10.6.3 ORIGINAL retail dvd (30€ spent and no hackintosh installed yet, damn) , f5, enter, ok
(I've tried with: "PCIRootUID=1", "PCIRootUID=1 -x", "-x" and without any line command, every time same finale.)
3) gray apple with white background...loading... -> grey background with mouse pointer rounded and in various colors... loading... -> monitor shut down -> pc shut down (not reboot, shut down)

I really don't know what to do, I've searched my mobo and cpu in this forum but nothing found... pls help :/

Thank you very much :)

Have you tried this with iBoot Legacy? Can be found on the downloads page.

Exact same thing is happening to me. IT's driving me crazy. Please. Someone.

RTK said:
Have you tried this with iBoot Legacy? Can be found on the downloads page.

Sorry but, isn't iBoot needed just for launching snow leo dvd? how it could be the cause of the issue?

Anyway, thank you for helping me :)

iBoot Legacy has a different Kernel than iBoot, It provides support for hardware that is not compatible with the "Vanilla" kernel that is provided in iBoot.

It may not work, but you can try it.

RTK said:
iBoot Legacy has a different Kernel than iBoot, It provides support for hardware that is not compatible with the "Vanilla" kernel that is provided in iBoot.

ok! I'll try it tomorrow and I'll post feedback :) (now it's 3.34 A.M. here :p)

Thank you for the advice :)

RTK said:

I just tried with legacy iboot, same problems I had with standard iboot :(
What can I do now? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back