Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I haven't managed to be able to get sleep working in lion. All was working fine in snow leopard.

Running FG bios with FG DSDT and no special kexts.

The hard drives turn off and the monitor turns off but the fans keep running etc and I have to hard reset.

Any ideas?

I read in another post about deleting NullCpuPowerManagement but I don't have that installed already anyway.

Any other tricks?

Including start up automatically after a power failure and restart if computer freezes?

No I didn't have those ticked.

All that did was restart the computer automatically instead of sitting there with just the fans going.

You must have them options ticked regardless.
On my own machine, if i shutdown and power off completely first power on results in no sleep (same problem as yourself etc) so i restart and sleep works great, but this has been happening in Snow Leopard not just Lion.
So as a result of this i never power off now, just sleep.

Hmmm, now that's interesting.

I installed Lion and sleep was working straight away, as it did in SL.

However, I tried it again earlier on and it was broken.

The computer turned off, fans stopped and everything, but on a mouse click to wake the computer, it did not resume.

The fans span up again, but the keyboard and mouse LED's didn't light and the computer failed to wake.

This annoyed me no end, I think a lot of people on here get this feeling!! hehe

Anyway, originally I was running Lion on my stock clock settings for my i7 920 (i.e. 2.8Ghz)

Subsequently I ran my usual stable O/C. This seems to have been the culprit.

Clocking back down to stock seems to have fixed the sleep!?

I will investigate further and let you know if I figure out what is going on!

Cheers,

Jon.

Just an update related to my last post ^^^

Sure enough, the O/C killed the sleep.

So whilst looking for a solution I noticed another thread talking about Bios CMOS resets after sleep - which I also had on the O/C setup.

The post mentioned a couple of changes to the AppleRTC kext modified by command line... I'm not sure which one worked, I tried both, but now I can sleep with the O/C and the Bios CMOS doesn't reset with a checksum error! Result.

These are the scripts I ran, ripped from the other post - Thanks fella!

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xE9\x91\x06\x00\x00|\xC3\x90\x90\x90\x90|; s|\xE8\x7D\xFB\xFF\xFF|\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90|; s|\xE9\xFF\xF9\xFF\xFF|\xC3\x90\x90\x90\x90|; s|\xE8\x1F\x07\x00\x00|\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90|; s|\xE8\xF4\xFA\xFF\xFF|\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90|; s|\xE8\xA0\xF9\xFF\xFF|\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Like I say, I'm not sure what these do - the second jumps over a RTC check in the code of the kext I believe, don't know about the first one - other than this is what people have recommended and it *seems* to have done the trick for me!

Hopefully there will be an explanation, updated DSDT or Multibeast update sometime in the future! Fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Jon.

hmmmm could be my overclock. I'll try that work around! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back