Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All,

Its been a while since I have dived into this wonderful forum for help. My hackintosh has been running solid for months now. I decided I would take a shot at trying to update to 10.6.4.
dammm I it burned me first time round. So i tried -x -v. I am getting "Version mis-match between Kernel and CPU..."
Would somebody care to help. I am quite stuck.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Revo

revo said:
Hello All,

Its been a while since I have dived into this wonderful forum for help. My hackintosh has been running solid for months now. I decided I would take a shot at trying to update to 10.6.4.
dammm I it burned me first time round. So i tried -x -v. I am getting "Version mis-match between Kernel and CPU..."

Revo
System specifications :oops:

Same thing thing happened to me.

Problem with the installer.

I over wrote the mach_kernel with 10.6.3 and then everything was fine.

Hope that helps.

r.

I should also mention I no longer have a copy of the 10.6.3 mach_kernel otherwise I'd post it here for you but the legacy kernel should work as well.

Here is the legacy kernel if you want to give it a try.

r.

Attachments

• mach_kernel.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
MacMan said:
revo said:
Hello All,

Revo

Hello Macman,

Specs are:

Core i5 - 750, 4G Kit DDR3 1600 G.Skill-Ripjaws, Gigabyte GA P55A-UD4P, Inno3D 1GB GTS250 , WD10EADS 1TB HDD, Optiarc Sony DVDRW AD-7240S

I do have access to the hdd from other hackintosh builds. So I can provide what is included in any area of the system files. Specifically the Extra folder may be of interest.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Cheers

Revo

revo said:
MacMan said:
revo said:
Hello All,

Revo

Hello Macman,

Specs are:

Core i5 - 750, 4G Kit DDR3 1600 G.Skill-Ripjaws, Gigabyte GA P55A-UD4P, Inno3D 1GB GTS250 , WD10EADS 1TB HDD, Optiarc Sony DVDRW AD-7240S

I do have access to the hdd from other hackintosh builds. So I can provide what is included in any area of the system files. Specifically the Extra folder may be of interest.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Cheers

Revo
Please add the specs to your signature, t will make getting help in the future easier. It only takes a minute.

Please list what is in /E and /E/E.

Hello Macman and all,

I have screenshoted the necessary I think. Sorry for the logn wait on reply. I have been away.

Thanks for your help. I hope I can resolve this. Also Sorry but Windwos was the only way I could access what to see in these drives. I can get access via an OSX system. Just a lot more complex. As I would have to create another hackintosh.

One more thing that may be of help. I updated using Software update. Heard this can be problematic.

Regards,

Reece

Attachments

• Snow Leopard All Files.JPG
    Snow Leopard All Files.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 414
  • Extras Folder.JPG
    Extras Folder.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 432
  • Extras Extensions.JPG
    Extras Extensions.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 416
Hello All,

I think this should be very helpful. I have the text it gives me. See attachment!

Hope all the great helpers on this forum can help.

Thanks everyone especially Tonymac and Macman.

Cheers,

Revo

Attachments

• IMG_2384.JPG
    IMG_2384.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 387
Hello All,

Does anyone have any ideas on this maybe. Another user suggested overriding with Mach_kernel 10.6.3 . Don't know how to get this but. Does anyone know?

Cheers,

Revo

I worked this one out by having the following kexts in my extras folder. This seem like it may be a problem directly related to Gigabyte P55A-UD4P Motherboards.
fakessmc
IOAHCICBlockStorageInjectir
legacy889HDA
NVEnabler 64
EvOreboot
JmicronATA
IOUSBFamily
Sleepenabler
NullCPUPowerManagement

I think the NullCPUPowerManagement kext is the key to fixing this error because in the text it shows what was happening when OSX tries to boot up and fails:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):
com.apple.driver .AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Cheers,

Revo

Hope this helps any users experiencing problems. NO LOST DATA for me either which was a bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back