Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just updated to 10.6.5 and everything is working except my sound. I have the HDAEnabler and the Rollback installed, but I have tried every combination of kexts (including the voodoo ones) to try to get this to work.

The system recognizes the sound card with System Profiler, my sound settings show up normally, if I hit volume up or down, the icon appears normally, but no sound is played. I just figured out that if I play with aggregate device in Audio MIDI setup, I can make a very loud static sound come from the speakers.

Can you guys think of anything for me to try to fix this?

Thanks,
Trip

Ir looks like you're missing the legacy 889 kext. In multibeast, look under audio. It's called 889hda (I think. Or was it something else).

So you need

HDA Enabler
889HDA
10.6.2 rollback

Alternatively, you could try a user DSDT for your board, but then you'd have to remove the HDAEnabler.
This is what worked for me.

I have the Legacy 889, I'm sorry I didn't list it at first, but I do have it. I haven't been able to get a DSDT to work, despite several attempts, and at this point, I'd really stick with the pretty stable system I've got running with EasyBeast.

Just now, though, I sent an email using Mail, and the sending message sound played. I thought maybe I had fixed something, so I hit the volume buttons, still no sound from them, and they tried playing something in iTunes, still no sound there. However, my computer is able to send some sort of sound to my speakers. What could this mean?!?

trip333 said:
I have the Legacy 889, I'm sorry I didn't list it at first, but I do have it. I haven't been able to get a DSDT to work, despite several attempts, and at this point, I'd really stick with the pretty stable system I've got running with EasyBeast.

Just now, though, I sent an email using Mail, and the sending message sound played. I thought maybe I had fixed something, so I hit the volume buttons, still no sound from them, and they tried playing something in iTunes, still no sound there. However, my computer is able to send some sort of sound to my speakers. What could this mean?!?

I was never able to get the 889HDA working without a DSDT, I believe I used VoodooHDA when I was running Easybeast...

I had it working for 10.6.4 no problem... with Legacy889 and HDA Enabler...

AND it is sort of working... just not fully working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back