Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Anyone have experience on this particular laptop?

Here's my specs.
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Processor (2.3GHz base,up to 2.9GHz,Dual Core,4T,3MB L3)
4GB (1 X 4GB) 1 DIMM DDR3 1333Mhz
Intel Graphics HD 3000
AMD Radeon™ HD 6630M - 1GB
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 & Realtek (Ethernet)

I wanted to know if my specs is deem workable or not and also the best way to install it.
Used Vmware for the visualisations before this and just decided on a real boot.

chyan said:

Here's my specs.
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Processor (2.3GHz base,up to 2.9GHz,Dual Core,4T,3MB L3)
Intel Graphics HD 3000

I wanted to know if my specs is deem workable or not and also the best way to install it.

WiFi most likely won't work, and I'm not so sure about the graphics cards working together.

If it's anything like the Vostro 3450 with ATI/Intel video it might be pointless to even try at this point. The Vostro 3450 won't boot to anything other than an NTFS partition, and the graphics cards do a soft switch based on how you assign the applications. It's crazy annoying.

liposuction said:
If it's anything like the Vostro 3450 with ATI/Intel video it might be pointless to even try at this point. The Vostro 3450 won't boot to anything other than an NTFS partition, and the graphics cards do a soft switch based on how you assign the applications. It's crazy annoying.

Actually. I'm currently testing on using a distro which I'm unable to name here due to the regulations. I'm dual-booting it along side Windows 7 via EasyBCD and it installs but I'm having problem running it as it auto reboots exactly when the Apple logo appears for a 1/2 sec.

Kind of disappointed after all I've gone through.

Hi i have the N4110 with an i3 and tried for two days ,it will only boot with an iboot cd i am going to return it. i cant even get it to boot from a usb stick

jaysigs said:
Hi i have the N4110 with an i3 and tried for two days ,it will only boot with an iboot cd i am going to return it. i cant even get it to boot from a usb stick

So you're buying a new lappy then?
Tough luck bro. I might just live with it. Until something nice happens.

chyan said:

Here's my specs.
Intel Graphics HD 3000

my laptop is identical with yours.. and i'm able to install 1.6.3 but i have to do the mery go round by install into vmware first and restore the installation disk into ufd and then apply MBR patch since Dell will only boot from MBR.. after done with 1.6.3 installer on ufd and patch it.. i the SL install smoothly... find some kext for USB,wifi and update to 1.6.7 and apply bridge helper.. now struggling to make my way fo Lion
and about dual/triple boot i use easyBCD

I managed to get dual boot running, using a combination of the guide I posted for the N4110 and one of the many dual boot guides out there for dual booting. I first installed windows 7 on the second partition of a MBR formatted drive, and then installed Lion on the first partition.

viewtopic.php?f=170&t=34134

what i do is install easybcd on windows. Then on easybcd create entry for mac using mbr option. It create mac.iso inside NST folder on C:\ drive.
then on osx create custom iso contain latest chameleon binary ( not the installer .pkg) using this guide http://prasys.info/2010/03/making-your- ... n-boot-cd/
after having the iso put it in thumdrive and getback to windows and replace the iso inside NST folder with the one created at osx.
thats how i use easybcd to dualboot lion & win7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back