Contribute
Register

Succes Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3, Intel 2600K, GTS250. Geekbench?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max
CPU
Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey

Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3
Intel i7 2600K @ 3.4Ghz
Geforce GTS 250
4GB Corsair Dominator RAM
290fd979-f63f-7e95.jpg

First off I really just wanna say big thanks to this forum and everybody involved in making tonymacx86.com tick! :headbang: I would have had so many headaches if it did not exist.

I got my motherboard, CPU, RAM and case on Monday and installing Snow Leopard was a walk in the park with the latest iBoot+Multibeast.
Everything seems to be working 110%.

QUESTION
:?: Got one thing I'm just curious about.

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Snow Leopard 10.6.8, each on an identical HDD and ran Geekbench 32bit on both.
I'm wondering why some of the system info such as the L1, L2, L3 caches and the processor frequency is so different in the two OS's and whether it does in fact have an impact on the performance or not? and if it does, how can I correct it?

In OSX I had Little Snitch and some hardware monitoring running while running Geekbench and in Windows I only installed all the latest drivers for all the hardware, nothing else running or installed and then ran Geekbench, both after a fresh reboot.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Win7 vs OSX.png
    Win7 vs OSX.png
    269.4 KB · Views: 251
tc80211 said:
Which GTS 250 did you use?

I bought it last year but if I remember correctly I think its one from Powercolor :think:

QE/CI works, dual screens with DVI and D-SUB. Still want to test the HDMI.

UPDATE EDIT: Installed a new screen card yesterday and so I checked out the name on the card, it's Point of View not Powercolor... Knew it was something with a P...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back