1. 0
Hi all

Acer Aspire M5810 Desctop
MSI - P55 - GD80
Intel Core i7 - 860 2.80GHz
16GB 1330MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon 5570
BIOS - P01-B2C0 updated immediately prior to installing SL

Two weeks ago I installed SL on my PC. I used iBoot + 10.6.3 retailer dvd + multibeast 3.9.1., then installed the 10.6.8 combo update and all other available updates. Mostly everything is working properly. From time to time I have KP - but I checked the CrashReporter and the reasons were different: once safari, once the plugin process, once a window server. But this is not the biggest problem I have.
Immediately after updating the system I installed an external USB card Focusrite Saffire 6, and here the problems began. Card works fine mostly, but I noticed that sometimes turns off. This usually happens when the bin is emptied on the desctop and the system plays the emptying the trash sound. Also turns off when I go to System Preferences / Sound / Sound Effects, and try to play any of the warning sounds. Sometimes when I play these files I hear at the beginning of shooting, which turns into the sound. After several attempts (after several warnings sounds I have played), the card turns off with a bang through the speakers. I would ignore it, if the same problem does not repeat, for example, while watching You Tube. Only sometimes it happens, and at various times, but the card turns off, for example, when changing songs on my playlist. On one occasion, that happened when I turned the image to full screen. Whenever it turns off, just unplug and plug it again to usb, and the card works fine. This is very annoying. Initially, I thought that there is a conflict with a native (built-in Realtek sound card), but disabled it in the BIOS and the problem remains. I checked FOCUSRITE forum but there was no similar problems recorded. Installed latest kext from Focusrite but the problem is the same when I use these and used the older kext. What's more, before I had the SL 10.6.8 in Virtualbox on the same desctop under win7 and the problem was the same. Card itself turned off.

Maybe someone has already met with a similar situation. If so, please help!.

Thanks

I have this interface and have the same issue. changing system definition to mac pro didn't help me like it has helped others with audio pop. i really want to figure this out

i have a saffire pro 14 and am using lion and do not have any issues.

maybe you should upgrade to lion?

A lot of times when you're having issues with an audio interface it can be as simple as a piece of hardware or software interfering. It could be a graphics card, I was experimenting a few weeks ago with an older card and it played hell with my audio interface, I replaced it with the one I'm using now and all is well.

I'm using the Focusrite Saffire Liquid 56 on 10.6.8 without any problems.

Thanks for the replies. I think I will wait though and try some others things before shelling out anymore money for OS upgrade or new hardware,

I can't figure this out. When I set-up my studio monitors, I found out not only does it pop and click when the interface randomly goes off and on, but a nice hiss is present. greeat.

What i found on the Roland-Driver-Support-Page:

---
Caution if using a Mac equipped with a 64-bit processor
On Mac OS X v10.7, software that is 64-bit compatible will run in 64-bit mode.
If your software does not run correctly in 64-bit mode, you may be able to avoid the problem by starting up your software in 32-bit mode as follows.

1. If your software is running, close it.
2. Control-click the icon for your software, and choose "Get Info."
3. Under "General," check "Open in 32-bit mode."?
* This setting is not available for software that is not 64-bit compatible.
4. Start up your software.
---

OK, its Edirol/Roland, ok, its for Lion, but i own a Saffire 6 too, but i read this thread
right now and will test during the following week in our working room. (We still use
latest Logic Pro version for Windows which is now 8 years old - time to upgrade.. ;-) )

So i searched for possible problems and solutions to be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back