i7
Graphics
6600GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I'm struggling against my hack, I'd like to use the Unibeast installation, I've followed each steps and got a black screen during the boot on the USB installer (after having the grey screen with the wheel).

My hack is a Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3, a Core i5 760, 8gig of ram, empty SSD, and a Nvidia 6600GT or a Saphire Radeon HD6450.

I've tried to download each files a second time, so I guess they're not corrupted, and I've switched my graphics card with the same result. SL ran nicely on that hack with the Nvidia card.

Could anyone help me with that ?
Many thanks in advance ! (ô>

Re: Noob VS Lion

Some tips that may or may not help...Try it with only 4GB of RAM installed. Make sure your SSD is connected to the first (0) SATA port.

FZ1 said:
Some tips that may or may not help...Try it with only 4GB of RAM installed. Make sure your SSD is connected to the first (0) SATA port.
Tried that, still no luck, any other ideas ?

I think that the HD6450 works OOB in Lion, but I tried with both my graphic cards. I'd like to use the HD6450 because it has HDMI.
The MB air that I used to create the drive is in french, could it be the reason it didn't work?
Could I use this mac to install Lion directly on my SSD?

Bye

It works now.. I tough that because the Radeon would work OOB it was supported, I tried GraphicsEnabler=No and it works :headbang:
Thanks for the help :)

shibirian said:
Check my sig :p
I tried your config without success (black screen) :cry:
I've the exact same graphics card, and set my description to iMac 12.2 , Chimera and your settings GraphicsEnabler=Yes ; AtiPorts=3 ; Darkwake=0 ; npci=0x2000 although not in the same order in my chameleon.boot.plist
Is it bad to use it as a ATI Radeon HD 6xxx 512 MB ?
Any idea how to fix this ?

NicoDuckman said:
shibirian said:
Is it bad to use it as a ATI Radeon HD 6xxx 512 MB ?
Any idea how to fix this ?
Looks like you are having the same problems like most of the others...maybe it's the iMac12 personality, gotta check on that later.

Anyway it's not bad, since this in general means that only some programs as the original DVD-player or 3D-Games will probably not work and crash. As long as you don't need any of these it really doesn't matter in the end.

My HDMI out doesn't seem to work, could that be an effect of my card not being totally recognized ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back