Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just got through setting up my 2nd hackintosh tonight and on both PC's when I try to use the 64 bit kernel when I reboot the time resets in the the bios.

What can I do to fix this?

While the OS is running everything is working like it should and it shows to be in 64 bit mode.

The board is a GIGABYTE GA-P45T-ES3G LGA 775 I got to replace a dying P35 Express board.

any advice would be great as I am still a noob in training!

majinpowers said:
I just got through setting up my 2nd hackintosh tonight and on both PC's when I try to use the 64 bit kernel when I reboot the time resets in the the bios.

What can I do to fix this?

While the OS is running everything is working like it should and it shows to be in 64 bit mode.

The board is a GIGABYTE GA-P45T-ES3G LGA 775 I got to replace a dying P35 Express board.

any advice would be great as I am still a noob in training!
OS X wants time setting in BIOS to be Universal time (basically Greenwich mean time)
There is a setting in the preferences to force it to use local time zone instead, but why bother?

Thanks I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong or that something was crazy with this new motherboard.

I also just purchased a GIGABYTE GA-P45T-ES3G motherboard and would like to create my first Hackintosh. Would you mind posting the specific steps that you followed and BIOS config that you used to create a Hackintosh with the GA-P45T-ES3G? Thank you very much!

My system config is as follows:
Motherboard: GA-P45T-ES3G
CPU: Intel Q6600 Quadcore Rev G0 (running at 3.3 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB DDR3-1600
Boot Drive: 128 GB SSD
Graphics: NVIDIA EVGA 8600GTS

I recorded the process and will try to have a video guide up by this weekend but if you need any help before that just shoot me a PM and I will help you any way I can.

The board works great I have it running Lion 10.7.1 with no issues at all other than sleep not working.

Glad to see you got the P45T-ES3G board working. I am having problems getting the DSDT and ALC892 to activate the sound, everything else works fine including the update to 10.7.1 If possible could you post the DSDT, ALC892 and AppleHDA Kexts you used? All the google searches seem eveyone has sound issues with this board. Thanks for any help.

Couldn't find a DSDT for this board but here is the Multibeast 4.0.2 setting I used....

Multibeast-1.jpg

for some reason the sound will not work the first time you use Multibeast so you have to rerun just the sound a second time but all works after that.

then just edit your boot file back to use x86_64 for 64 bit mode because Multibeast 4.0.2 puts it in 32 bit mode. 64 bit mode works fine on this board.

how is the Q9550 on this board? have you tried to overclock it yet? I was thinking about picking one up for mine.

majinpowers, thanks for offering to post your GA-P45T-ES3G how-to video. I'm just checking back for the first time in a while - sorry I didn't respond sooner. How's the video coming along?

deeveedee said:
majinpowers, thanks for offering to post your GA-P45T-ES3G how-to video. I'm just checking back for the first time in a while - sorry I didn't respond sooner. How's the video coming along?

I haven't got a chance to edit it together yet but I will try to get it up ASAP. I got behind because all my new parts came in this week for my Sandy Bridge PC! If you are stuck or need any help for that board feel free to PM me I will help you out any way I can.

Thanks. Got it to work. I really appreciated your help. How about sleep/shutdown/restart ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back