Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Currently have a decent Gateway DX4200 pc (Phenom x4, 6GB RAM, Radeon 3400hd). But installing OSX on it has been to much of a pain in the arse so i figured I'd take the opportunity to just upgrade my setup.

I have made this parts list with the intention of using custombeast as I've already spent enough time trying to get OSX going on this computer (and sort of have it working on my thinkpad t410) and would like it to be as easy as possible.

I already have an Ultra 750watt PSU and 2 SATA hard drives (one will get OSX the other Win7) and I'm gonna keep the gateway case, DVD drive and card reader for now.

Parts I'm planning to buy:
- SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100283VX-2L Radeon HD 5770

- GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3

- Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz

- CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB

- Can't forget the good ole' Arctic Silver Thermal Compound

The primary use of the OSX side of things will be my design work. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc. I HAVE to be able to use dual screen monitors
Windows i use for messing with Android stuff. Custom roms, rooting, theming etc.

Let me know what you think. I plan on ordering stuff tomorrow so any feedback is appreciated. :thumbup:

davidukfl said:
Currently have a decent Gateway DX4200 pc (Phenom x4, 6GB RAM, Radeon 3400hd). But installing OSX on it has been to much of a pain in the arse so i figured I'd take the opportunity to just upgrade my setup.

I have made this parts list with the intention of using custombeast as I've already spent enough time trying to get OSX going on this computer (and sort of have it working on my thinkpad t410) and would like it to be as easy as possible.

I already have an Ultra 750watt PSU and 2 SATA hard drives (one will get OSX the other Win7) and I'm gonna keep the gateway case, DVD drive and card reader for now.

Parts I'm planning to buy:
- SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100283VX-2L Radeon HD 5770

- GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3

- Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz

- CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB

- Can't forget the good ole' Arctic Silver Thermal Compound

The primary use of the OSX side of things will be my design work. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc. I HAVE to be able to use dual screen monitors
Windows i use for messing with Android stuff. Custom roms, rooting, theming etc.

Let me know what you think. I plan on ordering stuff tomorrow so any feedback is appreciated. :thumbup:

Don't know much about dual monitors, but the hardware seems capable of installing and running Mac OSX (Lion).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back