Contribute
Register

What does this error KP mean, whats the fix? PIC included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
I7 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
HD 5770
hi,
just wanted to say thanks to tony,for the usb lion install instructions,works flawless,but I'm having a very weird issue when installing this program (pro tools 10) driver > ilok pace.com latest driver.. upon restarting the cpu , it gives a kernal panic message, mentions something regarding (apple.hda and ilokit) this will not let me boot proper.. Also I get a red flag saying the software cannot find the ilok,which it is clearly attached to my machine.. USB,have tried several different usb ports,and it simply will not work..

Is there anyone that can help me out here?
As you can see in the pic it says,can't load kext.com.apple.driver,AppleHDAController failed to load. also something about iokit.digidesign,which is the software I'm installing right before the KP upon reboot..I've narrowed it down to this software .I can install lion via USB smooth,and other software no issue,but once I install Pro tools 10 which requires and installs the ilok software,it crashes upon reboot..

any idea's?

thanks Oh I should also mention I'm using the latest multibeast lion edition, user dsdt,all works fine REBOOTS, but then after I install pro tools 10, I get the KP... Anyone?

Attachments

• KP PIC.jpg
    KP PIC.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 238
Is this a matter of multibeast? I'm using v. 4 lion edition,should I use an older one??

Anyone? :eek:

you could try booting with -v so as to get a better screenshot of the panic because as it currently is, the apple message is blocking the cause of the kp ...

oK I will do that,but I thought I'd add an update,I just reinstalled fresh lion via usb,installed the ilok driver to use with another software that needs it to run.. havent rebooted yet,but this software works fine.. I need to reboot, and then install pt10 again. I'll take a better pic using ur tip IN A FEW..

THANKS FOR THE REPLY

Ok here's the pic,of the KP I'm not sure what exact steps to take,thanks for any help you can offer.

Attachments

• -v KP.jpg
    -v KP.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 236
Any idea on what this means? I should note that the ilok driver installed fine,so this has me thinking it's not the ilok driver,but once I installed pro tools 10 and rebooted,I get this error,it wont allow me to boot into lion now.something in the pro tools 10 installer made this issue,but what can it be,is there a code or something to fix this??

I'll need a MAC genius to figure this out,as I have no idea on what to do..

thanks for any ideas

Wait it booted,loaded Pro Tools 10 as well, I loaded an older Multibeast 3.8 and it worked!!!
So does this mean that there's an issue with the latest multibeast v 4??

I also installed pro tools and got the same problem. How exactly did you solve this without reinstalling Lion. As of now i cant boot into lion and i have no clue how to repair the damage done.

It seams that Pro Tools replaces the AppleHDA.kext, if you installed the rolback package with MultiBeast the this is a good starting point.
Try to boot in safe mode or with a installation diks for lion, go to tools and terminal.
Then you can manually MOVE the AppleHDA.kext to another location so it won't load at boot. If it stil load then you need to boot without the kernel cache.

Could i move this kext if i load a windows installation with the lion disc connected?
I have HFS+ support on my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back