Contribute
Register

[email protected],ga-z68xp-ud4, corsair h80.. Geekbench problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bru

Motherboard
z68xp-UD4
CPU
i72600k
Graphics
G660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi! first of all welcome to my new topic!
i've built a hackintosh with this specs:

intel i7 2600k
Ga-z68xp-ud4 F5
16gb corsair vengeance CL8
corsair h80
etc

i've overclocked it to 4.6ghz modifiying my turbo ratios to 46x , setting my vcore to normal and setting the dynamic vcore to +0,010. Also disabing CPU PLL Overvoltage.

I'm running it stable for a week now,,,, idle temps 27-30º, using logic or seeing 10 movies at the same time(which stresses a lot my macbook pro 2011) temps go to 46º-49º.

so far so good. i've built a genuine apple wifi card using broadcome chipset + a pci-e to pci adapter and also bought a TI chipset firewire card to connect my apogee duet and make music with it. I have sleep/wake working perfectly (it only doesnt wake my apogee duet.. it is shown in system preferences /sound but its not working , any input on this???)

the duet thing after waking up its the only thing that doesn't work as it should in my hackintosh... everything else is working flawless.

After this quick introduction to my hack, a weird thing it's happened to me.

Running at 4.6ghz@1,356v my geekbench is 14500 (all the cpu parameters in bios set to auto)

HERE'S THE THING

changin some bios settings (enabling and setting on auto cpu parameters mostly) the other day my hack started to do 15,500... I changed some more things in the cpu parameters and it went back down to 14,500 again.

I'm now obviously trying to get the 15,500 back...the thing is, I remember exactly what I did change in bios to make it give me 15,500 but if do it now i still get the 14,500. ¿?¿?¿? I didn't install/remove any kext or anything..

another important fact is that when I got the 15,500 mark i first ran geekbench and it gave me 14,500 and when i ran it for the second time it started givving me 15,500.... without any change in bios because i was already in lion...

¿??¿???¿

does any1 have an idea of why this is happening??

I want my 15,500 backk !

thanks and much respect to this forum... i've learned a lot from it :)!

Hi, no i haven't tested any of those programs as i don't have windows.. that why i putted like 10-15 videos and webs with lots of flash and stuff to make it stress.. but i know its not the same.

is there a mac osx option to test overclockings??

another thing...

when i did 15,500 i made a screenshot.. and comparing to my results now with geekbench i the only difference is in the Processor floating point performance check it in the pictures..

peace and thanks

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2012-04-21 a la(s) 01.27.14.png
    Captura de pantalla 2012-04-21 a la(s) 01.27.14.png
    303.4 KB · Views: 266
i've been running prime on windows 7 for 3 hours and NO problem at all... 66º degrees maximum on the highest core.. the other were at 63º... been playing BF3 for hours too and no problem!

any input on the difference on geekbench???

i see other ppl with 2600k @ 4.6 getting 15k easy.... some of them also have more memory bandwhich my ram should be cl8

any idea????

for the record, I loaded the default settings and restart, then applied my custom 4,6 ghz OC preset previously saved in my bios and restart -> boot into lion and BOOM 15,500 AGAIN.

cinebench from 8,70 to 9
and geekbench from 14,500 to 15,500.
then restarted(not completely shutted down, power still on) and it kept gettin me 15k. then boot into windows, again restarting, and the 15k again. then i tought ITS DONE!

i shut down the pc completely, then power on and 14,500 again...

it seems when you load a oc preset or make an oc straight from default optimized settings in bios the processor floating point is so much better and when u turn off the power and then switch it on, somehow it has been lowered somwhere...

any idea?? my bios is f5..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back