MSI 9600 GT 512mb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Good Moring everyone,
im new to this forum and was wondering if I have all the compatable parts needed for a build,

My mother board is a Intel Desktop Board DG41CN would it maybe work? http://www.intel.com/content/www?/us/en/motherboards/desktop-mothe?rboards/desktop-board-dg41cn.html

Would these specs be able to run Version 10.7: "Lion"?

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs)

Graphics Card: MSI 9600 GT 512mb (Its not supported on the list but Kabooka has it working with lion)

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Mother Board: Intel Desktop Board DG41CN

Thank you for your help

Trystan

smolderas said:
Did you check the wiki?

Thank you for your reply. Yes I did but it is not supported that's why I put it here. :)

If your hardware won't be supported, we can't do anything either... Sorry.
Maybe there are some people, who managed to run hackintosh on the similar hardware.

Trystan34 said:
smolderas said:
Did you check the wiki?

Thank you for your reply. Yes I did but it is not supported that's why I put it here. :)
You might get it to work somewhat, but you can forget about the onboard graphics, the serial port and the parallel port. Audio and ethernet is also iffy. Probably need a USB device.
You also might have a problem because IIRC, that is a ICH7 controller. The BIOS might not have selection for HPET 64-bit mode and may not have power saving mode ss3 (don't recall on this - you need to check your board's manual on the BIOS.
All-in-all, it will take a lot of work.

Going Bald said:
Trystan34 said:
smolderas said:
Did you check the wiki?

You might get it to work somewhat, but you can forget about the onboard graphics, the serial port and the parallel port. Audio and ethernet is also iffy. Probably need a USB device.
You also might have a problem because IIRC, that is a ICH7 controller. The BIOS might not have selection for HPET 64-bit mode and may not have power saving mode ss3 (don't recall on this - you need to check your board's manual on the BIOS.
All-in-all, it will take a lot of work.

Thank you for your reply :) In bios it shows Chipset Configuration: Enable HPET. Onboard graphics is not a problem since I have a MSI 9600 GT. I don't use serial port because I have a usb mouse and keyboard. I also don't use parallel port. What do I need power saving mode for? I don't put my pc to sleep just shutdown/reboot.

I also have this board, I have seen somewhere on internet, people are running snow leopard on this board. I am also trying to install snow leopard, but I need to update my bios first, wish me luck.
btw what tutorial you are following?

Specs:
Intel core 2 duo E4700 2.4ghz
Intel DG41cn
160 Sata
2GB DDR2 Ram
Nvidia 9500gt 1gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back